Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Smoking Mugwort for lucid dreaming?

I know it has a reputation magically for being a dreams and visions kind of herb. I have no idea if that relates to any known scientific properties (I never assumed that it did.)

I've included it as an ingredient in some kinds of mystic incenses and never had a problem.
    The Famous Mother Bombie's Book of Witchcraft and Cunning Magick for Fortune Telling, Herb Magick, Divination, Charms, Potions and Old-Time Spellcraft.

Mugwort contains thujone and wormwood oil, both present in absinthe, which also has a reputation for inducing dreaminess, amongst other things. There's no actual scientific evidence that those two chemicals induce dreams, much less prophetic ones, but their reputation still stands amongst those who have used them.

I've smoked mugwort, and I suffered no ill effects other than it tastes pretty rank and can rather make ya cough hard, both on its own and in a commercial smoking blend. I've also inhaled it from a censer, same deal, but it produces more smoke. Both were equally efficacious in my experience. I can't say that the dreams I had were prophetic ones, but they were generally more vivid and reasonably pleasant, but, as with all things potentially psychotropic, your mileage may vary.

I have smoked mugwort in combination with damiana. It helped me mellow out a bit, but it didn't really help me with lucid dreaming, so I stopped (in addition I quit all smoking, but no point in saying I haven't done it).

I have never smoked mugwort but I do use it to smudge and have had a very small amount in tea. Mugwort is the European equivalent of White Sage and I use it for that.

I just smoke weed, man.

Taciturn and prudent, and in war daring, should a king's children be;
    joyous and liberal every one should be until his hour of death.

The Words of Odin the High One - translated by Benjamin Thorpe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2