Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Take On "Star People"?

Question What Is Your Take On "Star People"?

I recently had a reading at an astrological fair and to make a "20 minute reading that turned into 45 minute reading" short, I'll just say I was told to journal because I was sent here from another realm past the spirit realm, the angel realm,beyond, etc... and with each "beyond" her hand gestured further back and at the end I thought her chair might tip and I suspected excess drama, but everything she said made TOO much sense.... I don't know what to think....

So I come here to ask your advice.... your opinions.... your thoughts....
    Do star people exist?

And here's a link to something interesting I read in regards to this topic.

STAR PEOPLE CHARACTERISTICS
    OFFICIALLY PROTECTED BY THE OSC!
    REST WITH THE ANGELS
    Laura Jane Yelsits Faedi
    5/12/62 ~ 4/9/10
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha
    The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.
    -E.C.Stanton

Always be honest.
    Make me laugh.
    Respect boundaries.
    Take me as I am.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.
    Be thoughtful and make me feel special.
    -ME

Do they exist? That is between you and your own head to decide. There are no great "truths" to be found on the Internet or at psychic fairs that cannot be debunked with a minimal amount of effort. Many of the listed characteristics are "catch alls" that many people will apply to themselves.

Examples:
    • HAVE OFTEN EXPERIENCED, WHEN GLANCING AT A DIGITAL CLOCK OR WATCH, THAT THE TIME, HAPPENED TO BE AT "11:11." or 2:22, 3:33, etc. Even if you do not normally notice these times, almost everyone will start noticing these times and forget the number of times they looked at the watch and saw it was 1:42, 4:20, 6:51, etc.
    • OFTEN SEEM TO TAKE ON THE ROLE OF BEING AN EMPATH. Empathy is the most commonly claimed ability of Pagans and New Agers. Even people that regularly have no regard for the feelings of others have claimed they were gifted empaths.
    • THEY ARE USUALLY STARRY-EYED ROMANTICS. Again, common as drugs at Woodstock.
    • FEEL A SPECIAL ATTRACTION OR DRAWING TO THE PLANET VENUS, THE PLEIADES, THE ORION CONSTELLATION, OR OTHER CELESTIAL LOCATIONS, AS WELL AS KNOWING DEEP WITHIN THAT THEIR REAL HOME IS SOMEWHERE BEYOND THE STARS. When life isn't working out, most people look to sources outside themselves. Main reason why religion is as popular as it is in all its forms is because people most often look outside themselves when they ought to look within.
    • HAVE A STRONG AFFINITY TO PAST ERAS OF ATLANTIS & LEMURIA, ANCIENT EGYPT, BIBLICAL TIMES, KING ARTHUR & CAMELOT, AND OF REMEMBERING PAST LIVES DURING THOSE PERIODS. For those that aren't looking at the stars for answers, there are those looking to the past for answers. Try looking at the here and now. For every person who claims to strongly remember their "past life" in some popular point of history, I find few who speak any semblance of the language of that period and area. Give me one person who was an Egyptian during the Middle Kingdom that actually reads and writes hieratic or even speaks a Middle Kingdom dialect, and I might see this as more than wishful thinking.
    • FEEL LIKE "A STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND." Show me someone who doesn't feel that way in this day and age.
    I could go through the whole list, but why bother. The point is not to debunk the concepts, merely to show you that most of the "characteristics" could be applied to fit the majority of people on the planet. If the majority of the people on the planet are "star people", why aren't they talking more to one another and why do they need paid psychics to tell them who they are?

As for the author of the web page you linked, he is one of the Sedona psychics; people who have turned an otherwise pretty area of Arizona into the New Ager's version of Sturgis/Salem. All they need is some thrill rides to go with all the fast food stands and new age shops and it would be the New Age version of Disneyland. It already has the ridiculous prices.

Look within yourself. If you think you are a special creature, use that feeling to motivate yourself to be a special creature. But do not depend on money hungry amateurs with delusions of grandeur to tell you what you are deep inside. If you really are a child of the stars, ask yourself why you would have been sent here? Don't bother answering that question for me, I am not the one who sent you, nor am I the one you answer to. I am just another nutjob on the internet who gives for free what the rest charge high dollar for.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Have you read "The Starseed Transmissions" by Ken Carey?
    Check it out....

In my own personal opinion I think the whole thing is bunk. I was born in 1959 and that made me a star child. A bit later you had Indigo Children, Crystal Children, Star Children, Rainbow Children and half a dozen more that I have forgotten as each new line gets played out. The only thing really changing is the descriptors that are added to the list to make it all encompassing and seperate the fool from their money or justify why someone's life is so crappy and how its not thier faught.

Though even that doesn't touch upon the justification facet that is used in the Otherkin and occasionally therian communities.

Quote Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
    In my own personal opinion I think the whole thing is bunk. I was born in 1959 and that made me a star child. A bit later you had Indigo Children, Crystal Children, Star Children, Rainbow Children and half a dozen more that I have forgotten as each new line gets played out. The only thing really changing is the descriptors that are added to the list to make it all encompassing and seperate the fool from their money or justify why someone's life is so crappy and how its not thier faught.

Though even that doesn't touch upon the justification facet that is used in the Otherkin and occasionally therian communities.
    This.

What has me lol'ing is that they say that if you have 'some or several of the characteristics below'... Then they give a list of over 30, which means that anyone could be a 'star person' really.
    Last edited by WitchJezebel; May 31st, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

I'm more open to this idea. There is just so much we don't know about the universe and our spirits to really say this theory is a load of crockery. So I gave it a whirl.
    - FEEL LIKE "A STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND."
    -COMPELLING EYES AND PERSONAL CHARISMA.
    -BACK PAINS.
    -EXTRA OR "MISPLACED" RIBS
    -HYPERSENSITIVITY TO ELECTRICITY, ELECTROMAGNETIC FORCE FIELDS.
    -THRIVE ON LITTLE SLEEP AND DO THEIR BEST WORK AT NIGHT
    -WAS AN "UNEXPECTED" CHILD.
    I'm not really too sure the meaning of this one:
    -SEEM TO HAVE BEEN "REBORN" IN CYCLES, FOR EXAMPLE, 1932-38, 1942-48, 1952-58, 1962-68, ETC.

- FELT THAT THEIR EARTH MOTHER AND FATHER ARE NOT THEIR TRUE, REAL PARENTS, AND THEY LONG OR YEARN FOR THEIR TRUE PLACE OF ORIGIN.
    -COMPLAIN OF A FEELING OF GREAT URGENCY, A SHORT TIME TO COMPLETE AN IMPORTANT GOAL OR A SPECIAL MISSION.
    - EXPERIENCE A BUZZING, RINGING OR A CLICKING NOISE OR A HIGH PITCHED MECHANICAL WHINE IN THE EARS
    -CLOSE CALLS OR LIFE THREATENING SITUATIONS IN WHICH THEY SHOULD OR COULD HAVE DIED, BUT FULLY OR QUICKLY RECOVERED.
    - FELT OR SENSED THAT THEY WERE BEING WATCHED OVER AND DIVINELY PROTECTED.
    - HAVE NATURAL OR UNUSUAL ABILITIES IN SPECIALIZED AREAS, SUCH AS ART, MUSIC, MATHEMATICS, ACTING, NATURAL SCIENCES, HEALING, ETC.
    - CHILDREN AND ANIMALS ARE OFTEN ATTRACTED TO THEM.
    - FEEL THAT THEY ARE ONE OF THE "144,000."
    - FEEL A SPECIAL ATTRACTION OR DRAWING TO THE PLANET VENUS, THE PLEIADES, THE ORION CONSTELLATION, OR OTHER CELESTIAL LOCATIONS, AS WELL AS KNOWING DEEP WITHIN THAT THEIR REAL HOME IS SOMEWHERE BEYOND THE STARS.
    - THEY ARE USUALLY STARRY-EYED ROMANTICS.
    - OFTEN SEEM TO TAKE ON THE ROLE OF BEING AN EMPATH.

AFter reading some of the stuff listed, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. But I'm not totally gung-ho that it is true.

It's just another "Feel good" label to slap on yourself to feel special. It's total and complete bunk.
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

wow... people seem to be split.... anyone else?
    OFFICIALLY PROTECTED BY THE OSC!
    REST WITH THE ANGELS
    Laura Jane Yelsits Faedi
    5/12/62 ~ 4/9/10
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha
    The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.
    -E.C.Stanton

Always be honest.
    Make me laugh.
    Respect boundaries.
    Take me as I am.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.
    Be thoughtful and make me feel special.
    -ME

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith Morgaine View Post
    wow... people seem to be split.... anyone else?
    You expected anything different? People that need the extra ego boost embrace labels like this in the same manner toddlers embrace teddy bears.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

You know I am a pretty hermity pagan. I can only take so much of others of my like mind. I met a woman who is on the atlantis, starchild, new age fast track to a new world. She claimed that I am from the stars, and need to open myself up to this new way of how things are going to be in the future. I guess me personally, I'm more sceptical and realistic. Yeah, my head may be in the sky, but my feet are firmly grounded in the earth. You won't see me flitting off to the stars anytime soon. Star Trek is still syfy for me.
    daphnerose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast