Thread: Bindrunes & Reversed Runes

Bindrunes & Reversed Runes

I'm doing some research on bindrunes for business success and personal prosperity (increased income from the success of the business), and I've noticed that some people put the runes in reverse when they create a bindrune. I'm alittle leery of that because I always thought that a reversed rune would bring you the opposite of what you want. Does it really matter which way the rune is facing, or does it have to face a certain way?

I do plan to put the (so far two) bindrunes on the building that houses my business, probably up in the attic where it's out of sight. Good idea, or should I put the runes somewhere else?

Thanks for your insight!

Runes do not "reverse" in the same way as a tarot card, for instance. A rune written backward or upside-down means exactly the same as in its "normal" configuration. You are free, therefore, to arrange your runes in whatever orientation you choose. In general, though, bindrunes that are symmetrical, whether by an axis or rotation, are considered stronger, probably because the "no orientation" rule means they get "read" twice to the same effect.

There are plenty of examples in which the carvers of runes reversed the characters or even wrote their inscriptions right-to-left so it is hard to say that a rune is "reversed" if the axis of rotation is a vertical one (examples can be found in both pictures on the Wikipedia entry for Runestone at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runestone).

Why hide your bindrune out of sight in the attic? Instead find creative ways to incorporate it into artwork that gets displayed on or in the building. Make a little plant stake with the design attached and poke it into the flower beds along the foundation so that folks see it as they enter or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyP View Post
    There are plenty of examples in which the carvers of runes reversed the characters or even wrote their inscriptions right-to-left so it is hard to say that a rune is "reversed" if the axis of rotation is a vertical one (examples can be found in both pictures on the Wikipedia entry for Runestone at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runestone).

Why hide your bindrune out of sight in the attic? Instead find creative ways to incorporate it into artwork that gets displayed on or in the building. Make a little plant stake with the design attached and poke it into the flower beds along the foundation so that folks see it as they enter or something similar.
    I'm not really good at hiding things in plain sight, and my small business is a pet boarding/daycare business, so the building houses animals. So, not really sure where I could put the bindrunes other than out of sight.