Thread: Arabic Paganism?

Arabic Paganism?

A'salam aleykum.
    Lately I've developed an interest in learning about Arabic paganism, however, after some research, I've realized there isn't much to reconstruct the ancient religion from, as almost all traditions have been destroyed or integrated in Islam as new ideas.
    So I've come here, to ask any Arabic pagans (probably non exist) or anyone who works with the Arabic pantheon for any information they could have about it, links, books, pictures would be great.
    Thanks.

There is the Natib Qadish who base their path on ancient Canaan.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

hmmm let me browse around for you...

There is an abrahamic-pagan forum here on MW.

Are you interested in a pre-monotheist revival-type path?

In Arabia right now, there is not so much religious freedom, so if there is a revivalist path there It would be tough to dig up.

This is an interesting article I found: http://themoderntokyotimes.wordpress...convert-islam/

This is interesting, an account from The Quarran http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/pip.htm

Google has some more 'info' to offer, but not sure where the sources are. I'd hit the ancient cultures section of the library if that's what you are looking for.

Are you speaking Arabic? And, are you interested in Arabia specifically, or the wider area? What draws your intrest to Arabic Paganism? If you don't find other like minded pagans, are you planning to build a practice for yourself?

~Runa~: I've already joined Natib Qadish, they've been awesome so far, but Canaan is not what I'm looking for.

Eyeris: I know, I live in Arabian Peninsula (not comfortable sharing more) and I doubt there are any others who care about this stuff

Edit: didn't see this question, yeah, I'm interested in the pre-monotheist gods and traditions.

Thanks for the articles, I'll check them out, and sadly, there aren't really any libraries where I live, and I've checked the few bookstores that are around, not much I could find.

Yes, I speak Arabic and I am an Arab.
    I probably won't find similar minded people, that I realize, so I am already planning on building my own 'tradition'.
    Last edited by AlZahra; June 22nd, 2011 at 04:00 PM.