Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: As a christian witch, Do any of you honor other gods?

As a christian witch, Do any of you honor other gods?

Or do you only worship and honer the one god?
    Or A god and a goddess?

I know various people will come with different answer's to this question.
    But Your feedback is appreciated.

Many blessings to all on their path's.

I my self am having a really hard time, I don't what to believe the bible tells us not to have idols or worship other gods ...... Humans, being the creatures that we are, like to have faces and
    personalities attached to our divine beings.

I personally feel in my heart that it would not be wrong to honor these other god's and have a relationship with them, But at the same time because of what the bible says I don't know what to think.
    Last edited by MoonSparrow; July 1st, 2011 at 12:32 AM.

I honor all gods, at least in theory. The Monad is everything, so all divine entities have a share in the Godhead. There's a difference, though, between the named gods (Odin, Apollo, Jesus etc.) and the Trinity. The former are individual entities, each with their own areas of expertise and personalities. That's who you petition for specific goals in your spells. The Trinity, like the Eclectic Wiccan God and Goddess, are primary divisions of the Monad, and as such are aggregates of innumerable gods and impersonal forces. They can be worshiped in the abstract, but not directly petitioned.

The Bible states that God had said for us to not put any other God before him.... but you have to see beyond what is being stated... I believe that their is a Divine God that has created all including other Gods and Goddesses that help us along our spiritual paths... working along with the Divine power to help us accomplish what ever it might be we are trying to make happen in magick.... meditation.... prayer.... Also I believe that God isn't male or female but is both... and that's what our Deities have come from.... the Divine God is in everything and a part of everything ..... The Divine God is Earth... Fire.... Water... Air.... everything of the earth.... nature... animals.... love.... So really.... you aren't putting anything before God.... but just asking for help through the outlets the Divine Power has provided for us to use that's all....

I don't honor other deities except as archetypes. Although sometimes i honor Brigid, in a way, as St. Brigid.
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.

I'm a Christian Witch and I have honored Morrigan in the past but not very often... I mostly honor the Saints if I honor anyone outside of the Holy Trinity... *sheepish grin*
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

I usually honor Saints. I do believe that G!d is both male and female though, and honor those aspects when I pray.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

I personally consider myself a Gnostic Druid. Gnosticism is kind of an early form of Christianity, and in modern-day practice is a bit like a mesh of Christianity, Buddhism, and Paganism. I honor the Gnostic-specific "deities" Pleroma (kind of the Gnostic word for "God"), Sophia, and Abraxas; the Christian St. Brigid and St. Patrick; and the Celtic deity Manannan mac Lir, god of the seas and change. I haven't been doing my daily prayers consistently though - trying to get back into that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.... life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://contemplatingspirit.blogspot.com

I do. In my understanding of the Bible, Yahweh doesn't want you to honor any other gods *above* him. I'm still learning and testing my beliefs, but right now I say a prayer at night, thanking Yahweh and all the gods that I feel close to, or who I think I need guidance from/have guided me. I think that Yahweh definitely has a personality different from, for example, Hades, but both are important to me.

I think one reason I don't have any problem with this is because, when I was little, I used to lay in bed and imagine my ceiling as a giant table. At opposite heads of the table sat God (Yahweh) and Jesus and in between them sat all the Greek deities (With some Norse thrown in because at that point in my life that was all the mythos I'd been exposed to). And I would fall asleep to them all advising each other and talking and laughing together. *shrug*
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

I believe that the Creator that Christ speaks of is not the same god of the old testament. Just as there are angels, demons and other being so there are deities that we can use as an example on how to live. The Father is above all with the Holy Spirit being feminine. My matron is Frau Holda.Any pagan family would have been German so I tend to stay in that pantheon. She is the Deity of home and children. As a wife and mother I choose her as my example on who to live daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I believe that the Creator that Christ speaks of is not the same god of the old testament.

That's interesting. Could you elaborate?

I've toyed with the idea that the Father that Jesus spoke of was not Jehovah but Zeus. This seems to create more problems though than it solves. Jesus followed the Old Testament laws pretty carefully. I prefer the concept that God is known throughout the world by different names to different people, and so *some* people who worshiped Zeus new Him, as well as some who worship Jehovah.
    Tobias

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its labourers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

-Dwight D Eisenhower

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast