Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: As a christian witch, Do any of you honor other gods?

Yes, I honor other Gods. But in my belief all Gods are just aspects of one God/The Powers That Be so I suppose I'm not really... ? It's all up for interpretation! I essentially honor anyone or thing that is deserving of honor which is a lot of things.
    Maggie in the Mead {blog}

"I met a lady in the meads,
    Full beautiful - a faery’s child,
    Her hair was long, her foot was light,
    And her eyes were wild.
    "
    -John Keats (La Belle Dame sans Merci)

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    That's interesting. Could you elaborate?

I've toyed with the idea that the Father that Jesus spoke of was not Jehovah but Zeus. This seems to create more problems though than it solves. Jesus followed the Old Testament laws pretty carefully. I prefer the concept that God is known throughout the world by different names to different people, and so *some* people who worshiped Zeus new Him, as well as some who worship Jehovah.
    There are text found at Nag Hammadi that give an alternative to what is written in the Old Testament. That aside the New and Old Testament are just so far apart in how to live and forgivness. Christ may have followed Jewish law to be welcome in that circle but he did not necessarily recommend people keep following them. He mentions saving livestock on the Sabbath, something forbidden, as silly. He also mentions that what we eat does not make us unclean but our hearts. There are passages that say don't have any god before me but never does it say I am the only god to exist. I think Christ is talking about a Creator or main source that produced the scientific principle the universe is based on: math,science, physics and even magic. Magic in the Bible is called miracle but it is still magic.

Nope. Just the Holy Trinity and saints.
    However, because I believe that God created everything I honor elemental spirits and thank them for their hard work when I use them in spells/rituals and for helping me connect to God.
    If that makes sense....haha.

Sort of. I'm strongly drawn to Pele, and I also feel her spirit in Tahoma (Mount Rainier ) where I live. But I feel like it's all simply manifestations of the Divine. I'm a soft polytheist, I guess you could say, and I want to seek out God/dess in many places.

I'm very influenced by George MacDonald, the mentor of Lewis Carroll and main influence on J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, and Madeleine L'Engle. His theology revived Celtic Christian concepts and Alchemy (which drew heavily on Celtic Christianity as well as Kabbalah and Christian Gnosticism). A key part of Celtic Christianity was the Fae and the Otherworld. The Celts simply added Christ to what they already had, seeing their version of Christianity as fulfilling what had come before, not replacing it.

In Kabbalah, the four letters that make up the name of God represent the four elements the Ancients believed everything to be made from. In other words, God is both Creator and Creation.

Christian Gnosticism, meanwhile, through the Monad concept mentioned in an earlier post in the thread, allows for the various gods and goddesses of every culture. That's how Bacchus could be in Narnia and close to Aslan. In the modern view, it's an extension of what the Celtic Christians did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2