Thread: How Do You Do It?

is offline (Adoreable) Community Member

How Do You Do It?

I've been reading tarot for over a year now but theres one thing i don't get. How do some of you readers do it over the internet with people sometimes hundreds of miles away??? The reason i'm so lost is the fact that it feels weird to try and do it when im not in direct contact with that persons energies. Am i still to"weak" or undeveloped? or is this normal?
    Last edited by Lucien; July 5th, 2011 at 04:22 PM.
    the true assention: Jesus died and went up to heaven. Upon entering nobody was there. he was all alone...and then it hit...The voice had tricked him...there was no pie.

Please, Send your energies to those who suffer from Anatidaephobia...They need your help more than ever, And remember, Anatidaephobia is no laughing matter. Check with your doctor immediatly if you have Anatidaephobia.

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Over the phone is easy, I just channel the energies while they are talking and I am shuffling. I have their question running over and uver in my head at the same time.

Just online, I ask for their first name and I focus on their names and their question. I clear my mind of everything else.

It just takes practice and confidence really. I know that sounds like a blah answer but the energies are there no matter how far apart you are. Over the phone it's picked up in the persons voice, in email or pm it's in the way then type and how they ask.

One easy thing to do to practice is just to try to read energies from peoples posts on here. Pick a few people and read a lot of their stuff, not really for the meaning of what they are saying but for their general tone, their attitudes, there energy.
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

is offline (Adoreable) Community Member
    The way i read though is that i have the person cut the deck while asking thier question. If i interfear with the cutting it mixes my own emotions in with thier's. So the idea of trying to do it without the person there is kind of...i don't know how to explain it but for a lack of a better word, funny almost. Is it just that i use a flawed technique keeping in mind (and in no way trying to brag) I've only not been dead on with one reading (due to touching accidently during the cut). I'd really like to be able to hone my tarot skill before i attempt something else.
    the true assention: Jesus died and went up to heaven. Upon entering nobody was there. he was all alone...and then it hit...The voice had tricked him...there was no pie.

Please, Send your energies to those who suffer from Anatidaephobia...They need your help more than ever, And remember, Anatidaephobia is no laughing matter. Check with your doctor immediatly if you have Anatidaephobia.

This is something I believe takes practice..... It is important to clear your mind and try a new technique shuffle the cards yourself... breathing calmly, slowly and relaxing self by thinking only of the clients name That is opposite you for now, and their own energy... then once shuffled until you feel a STOP, then choose several cards from the top of the pile say the first 3 cards.. now repeat the message you have within self...
    Now you have tried this with the client infront of you no touching the cards, now try in a reading exchange, offer a practice session for feedback....

Remember just take a deep breathe, clear your mind and feel the querant , you are reading for....... say their ID, their first name, a birthdate, location, anything that connects you... you could try working with a photograph if that helps.....

Have fun with the practice....... enjoy it.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Namaste.....

Vesta.....
    (want to know more about me-
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?p=3822998&postcount=59)

Check out Tarot Collection
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=209

Oracle Collection.....
    Updated now.....in non-tarot collection thread...
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?...6&postcount=54

"Will Read in PM....

Contact me if you feel you don't know what direction to travel.... you feel you need change in your life........"

"I will reply asap........"

http://vestascircle.vpweb.com

I just do not feel distance as being a limiting factor. People have enough similarities that you can tell much about them in the wording of a single question. The means of contact form the connection, you only need to tap into it. I find phone and internet easier than I do face to face. Face to face reads can be someone I just met, the connection though more direct is going through more filters and thus is a weaker connection. Online or phone, you actually have fewer filters inhibiting the connection.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    The way i read though is that i have the person cut the deck while asking thier question. If i interfear with the cutting it mixes my own emotions in with thier's. So the idea of trying to do it without the person there is kind of...i don't know how to explain it but for a lack of a better word, funny almost. Is it just that i use a flawed technique keeping in mind (and in no way trying to brag) I've only not been dead on with one reading (due to touching accidently during the cut). I'd really like to be able to hone my tarot skill before i attempt something else.
    The fact that you are there mixes your energy with theirs. That is the way of a tarot reading. Your energy mixing with their energy to spread the cards as they need to be.

Your rigid adherence to your method is the only factor in your inability to "Get" distance readings. With practice you should be able to do them.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

I never let anyone touch my deck, ever. So distance isn't really a problem. When I do a reading it is ME asking the cards the questions. Can be on behalf of myself, or someone else. But I'm the one asking.