Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Runes

My Runes

I made a set using salt dough. Ok Rune masters would be disgusted and would never dream of using anything other than wood.
    All I can say is the runes I have made are all my own work so are full of my energy.
    I used as simple recipe that I have had for years. All I did was add a few extra things to it.
    Soil from the garden = knowledge
    Rose oil 6 drops = Goddess
    Grapeseed oil rather than vegetable oil to keep the dough pliable= intellect
    Rosemary = Memory
    Sage = Wisdom
    Copal = Protection
    Dried bark from a Rowan twig = Divination

I ground up the soil, herbs, copal and bark and added these to the flour, salt, oil and water.
    I woorked within a cast circle and asked the assistance of Woden and Freya whilst aking them
    I used the Rowan twig to carve the rune into each tablet before baking them

After the baking I used Red enamel paint to colour the rune, some copper inkpad around the outside of the tablet and blue Sharpie pen to colur the face of the tablet. After that I coated the runes in clear varnish to seal them.
    They are light and easy to use and fit into the bag I made for them along with my set of cards I made as a teaching aid for myself.
    Like I said not traditional but full of my energy. I like them and they work as well so what more could I ask for.

With Love and Light
    WulfcwenStar

I think what you made is an AWESOME idea. Im sure they are amazing to look at and to use. Congrats!

Thank you. I cannot carve wood as I have probelms gripping things, I have tried but it was a disaster. I wanted to make my Runes myself and decided salt dough would be easy to work with and long baking makes them nice and hard. As long as they never get wet they will be fine.
    With Love and Light
    WulfcwenStar

That's a good idea :D I bet it'd be better than the glass bead runes I made ;D

I'm no rune master, but I think that was a fantastic idea. The tool that works best is the one that you use. I made my runes from tumbled obsidian and etched the runes into the faces of the stones.
    That which is not impossible is inevitable.

I think this idea is actually very enchanting.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

Thank you I like to make my own tools and I know I do not always follow what is considered the traditional way of doing things, but I think if it works it must be ok
    With Love and Light
    WulfcwenStar

Quote Originally Posted by WulfcwenStar View Post

Like I said not traditional but full of my energy. I like them and they work as well so what more could I ask for.

I can't believe I haven't replied to this before.

Bleh, purists.

I am not a Runemaster by any means, but I make it my thing to study history. -History major-

The Vikings/Norsemen were a practical people. If it was laying around, you used it. If a sharpie was laying around, they probably would have used it. Not all runes were made out of wood, some were made from bone but it was really crappy to carve on and wood was easier.

So, all in all, you do what you have laying around and be practical. Not from a spiritual but more from a historical standpoint, I think, in my opinion, that is staying true enough to them.

Those sound lovely. Have you taken any pics of them?

Thanks for posting! That recipe sounds great, I may have to adapt it. Do you have pictures?
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast