Thread: Rune Cloth ideas please

Rune Cloth ideas please

I want to make a rune cloth, I have the material ready but cannot decide on what to add to the cloth so when I cast the runes I can read them on a grid. Does that make sense to any of you? I have seen circles used as a guide to answers but they all look very complex to me, I like things to be simple and easy to do. I do not like using books to remind me what I am supposed to be doing as I read the runes.
    So a simple design on the cloth would be better for me.
    Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Also is a design really needed or can the cloth be left plain?
    So far all I have done is draw out a rune each day from my pouch that I made. Now I am ready to a step further.
    With Love and Light
    WulfcwenStar

I've been working with runes for almost a decade now, and have never used a cloth with a design on it. My first cloth was a white, square handkerchief that had never been used for anything else. Simple, but effective.

I currently use a rabbit skin (fur side down). I love the rustic and primal feel this gives to a reading. I currently use a hand made set of Anglo-Saxon futhorc runes, which also have a very natural feel to them. When I sit down with someone to do a reading, and roll out my fur rune cloth, it almost immediatly creates that "sacred space" feeling to the whole reading.

As for needing a design, I cast my runes, then read them where they fall. Near the center of the cloth is most closely related to the topic at hand. Near the edge of the cloth is something less pressing, but something you need to keep in mind. If they fall face down, or off the cloth, I disregard them.
    "I put a capital N on nature and call it my church."

-Frank Lloyd Wright

Also is a design really needed or can the cloth be left plain?
    So far all I have done is draw out a rune each day from my pouch that I made. Now I am ready to a step further.
    Your rune cloth is yours and only you can decide what is to be on it or not on it.

I don't use a cloth at all. I have a little wooden box that the lid becomes a tray that I keep my Runes in and I use the kid.