Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New to tarot

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    126

    New to tarot

    Hi everyone!

    I am extremely new to tarot but have done some readings, anyways I am at work right now and had a pretty interesting conversation with a co-worker who getīs readings, in my opinion way to often.


    I know we can change the outcome of what will happen by our own actions, if I throw a rock it will hit another rock and things will change-type of way.

    But I got these questions:

    Can some people be read for and some not?
    What happens if the same question is asked over and over again?
    Is there a limit to where no true answer can be given anymore?

    I am starting to read for some friends and family + strangers and I have read about tarot, but it wasnīt until I found this forum that I bought my first deck, I borrowed a friends at first to see if it was something for me or not, my deck works fine for me so I think I did a good choice, the lady in the store said it was a beginners deck and I loved the pics so.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    451
    1. I doubt that people who don't want to be read can be read. I also think that we can't just do a reading for a random person or celebrity on TV, too impersonal. That's just a theory, I've never actually tried. :33
    2. Some people say that their cards 'get mad' when they do that. Again, I've never done it. Apparently the cards can give you bad info if you do that... If you're in need to consult tarot, confusing answers is the last thing you need D:
    3. I have no idea what that means. Sorry XDD

    I hope I helped to some small extent... I'm pretty new at tarot, too. :3 Hopefully a tarotmaster can help >:3 Bah, at least I tried. XD

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by StarlitNox View Post
    1. I doubt that people who don't want to be read can be read. I also think that we can't just do a reading for a random person or celebrity on TV, too impersonal. That's just a theory, I've never actually tried. :33
    2. Some people say that their cards 'get mad' when they do that. Again, I've never done it. Apparently the cards can give you bad info if you do that... If you're in need to consult tarot, confusing answers is the last thing you need D:
    3. I have no idea what that means. Sorry XDD

    I hope I helped to some small extent... I'm pretty new at tarot, too. :3 Hopefully a tarotmaster can help >:3 Bah, at least I tried. XD
    Random person? Please explain further.
    Hmm mad cards and bad info?
    So letīs say I do a reading for you, but you already asked like 10 people the same thing, does that mean that the info I give to you can be, whatīs the word? Untrue is the word I think of, but false, fake?(Spell?) Because you already asked about it before and the info isnīt correct so therefore the reading doesnīt make any sense at all? Hmm, thanks because I got this woman asking me for readings, she seems desperate and that is why I ask, my gut tells me something isnīt right and when I touched my deck, it was like I was holding my hand over a candle or something, I couldnīt read for her.

    But how do I as a reader notice if something ísnīt right with what I see in my cards?
    I need every little piece of info and advice that I can get, I donīt want to give people the wrong message through the cards.

    How often do I need to clean my deck? I put the back in order starting with the fool as 1st in major and then every suit back and then mix them once a week, to often? Itīs like I can feel when they need it, when Iīve done it, then itīs alot better:S

    Also, what factors affect a reading? Except for what I already know(masters of our own life)

  4. #4
    Labrynth's Avatar
     is offline Walking the Labyrinth following her call
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyria View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I am extremely new to tarot but have done some readings, anyways I am at work right now and had a pretty interesting conversation with a co-worker who getīs readings, in my opinion way to often.


    I know we can change the outcome of what will happen by our own actions, if I throw a rock it will hit another rock and things will change-type of way.

    But I got these questions:

    Can some people be read for and some not?
    What happens if the same question is asked over and over again?
    Is there a limit to where no true answer can be given anymore?

    I am starting to read for some friends and family + strangers and I have read about tarot, but it wasnīt until I found this forum that I bought my first deck, I borrowed a friends at first to see if it was something for me or not, my deck works fine for me so I think I did a good choice, the lady in the store said it was a beginners deck and I loved the pics so.
    I do believe some people cant be read for, for whatever reason, whether they are opposed to the reading, or if there are just factors that are just stopping you from accessing the information.

    Mini story to explain; I have a best friend who is in a wheel chair who has a pretty serious life deteriorating condition, when i did a reading for her, it felt like to me that i was looking at a blanket with holes in it, there were just bits missing that i could not access. Another example i had of a reading not working was when i did a reading for another of my girlfriend's and for me i was looking at the cards but in my head it was like looking at a webpage that never loaded, lol frustrating to say least! But when i tried to talk to my guides they were telling her to get in touch with her guides to find the answer out herself. Sometimes we just are not meant to know

    The best advice i would give is to throw away (or put it away, i dont encourage throwing away any book!) the guidebook that comes with the tarot deck, and sit down and look at each card, look at the colours, the objects that pop out at you, how does it make you feel when you look at it. Do this often, whenever i get a new deck i call it getting to know my deck. Practice practice practice! Use the drawing at least one card every day to make yourself familiar with it, jotting down a few notes after you do, then come back at the end of the day and see how relevant it was for you.

    Some people do love to get readings regularly, i usually tell my friends to at least wait a month at a minimum between readings. With the repeatedly asking the same question its pointless really, repeatedly drawing cards to get the card you want to see takes the intuition out of it, kinda like shaking the 8 ball till you get the response you want lol.

    Its taken me time to get to the point where i can lay cards down and see a story in front of me and it flows, and i know i have still got a long way to go! But its a wonderful journey and i wish you luck with your new friends, the Tarot!

    ps sorry this post got so long wasn't my original intention but i hope its helpful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    ☆~☽✪☾~☆Labrynth☆~☽✪☾~☆

    Me - "I dont know what i am and its frustrating!"
    Aset - "You may not know what you are, but you know who you are, and that is far more powerful than any label man could give you."


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Labrynth View Post
    I do believe some people cant be read for, for whatever reason, whether they are opposed to the reading, or if there are just factors that are just stopping you from accessing the information.

    Mini story to explain; I have a best friend who is in a wheel chair who has a pretty serious life deteriorating condition, when i did a reading for her, it felt like to me that i was looking at a blanket with holes in it, there were just bits missing that i could not access. Another example i had of a reading not working was when i did a reading for another of my girlfriend's and for me i was looking at the cards but in my head it was like looking at a webpage that never loaded, lol frustrating to say least! But when i tried to talk to my guides they were telling her to get in touch with her guides to find the answer out herself. Sometimes we just are not meant to know

    The best advice i would give is to throw away (or put it away, i dont encourage throwing away any book!) the guidebook that comes with the tarot deck, and sit down and look at each card, look at the colours, the objects that pop out at you, how does it make you feel when you look at it. Do this often, whenever i get a new deck i call it getting to know my deck. Practice practice practice! Use the drawing at least one card every day to make yourself familiar with it, jotting down a few notes after you do, then come back at the end of the day and see how relevant it was for you.

    Some people do love to get readings regularly, i usually tell my friends to at least wait a month at a minimum between readings. With the repeatedly asking the same question its pointless really, repeatedly drawing cards to get the card you want to see takes the intuition out of it, kinda like shaking the 8 ball till you get the response you want lol.

    Its taken me time to get to the point where i can lay cards down and see a story in front of me and it flows, and i know i have still got a long way to go! But its a wonderful journey and i wish you luck with your new friends, the Tarot!

    ps sorry this post got so long wasn't my original intention but i hope its helpful
    Thank you very much!
    I appreciate it alot, I donīt use that book at all, I look at internet and sometimes, itīs like a voice inside of me tells me something, like a woman she had a daugther but never told me about it, the cards/guides did:P
    So, a month between readings? Ok, so if I understand correctly, getting a reading closer than 1 month between, will either affect the reading=false information or not make it possible for me to read, right?
    Is there any way I can tell this when I do the reading? I wanna get it right from the start

  6. #6
    Labrynth's Avatar
     is offline Walking the Labyrinth following her call
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Age
    34
    Posts
    151
    It can affect the reading if they keep going to you, or make it so that you cant see anything, and the third thing that can happen is you just keep getting the same message over and over and i sometimes get the feeling of "oh just give it UP already, I already TOLD YOU!" lol. Obviously this is going to be hard to determine if this is the first time you have done the reading for them, but if you dont get anything, pick up on anything when you read then just be honest and tell them. You might be having a bad day, Higher up may have decreed that the info isnt right for them to know currently, but just be honest and tell them you arnt picking up on anything atm. Trust that intuition!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    ☆~☽✪☾~☆Labrynth☆~☽✪☾~☆

    Me - "I dont know what i am and its frustrating!"
    Aset - "You may not know what you are, but you know who you are, and that is far more powerful than any label man could give you."


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    126
    Ok, so what if the message isnīt the same? Is that also because the question has been asked to many times? Because that would be confusing and she actually wrote to me asking why my reading didnīt add up with her previous once and I explained to her what happens if you ask something over and over again, sometimes the cards just gives up and sayīs what you want to hear, other times their so sick of the same thing that they say the opposite ect. Which confuses her, of course:P

    Letīs say this so I understand completley:
    A querent asks 6 people to read for them, 2 of them say similar things, two say the opposite and two the same ect, But if this happens, how does the querent know what is rigth and what is wrong?

    And if the querent getīs one answer, is happy with that but getīs a update from the same person + a different one x weeks later, the same sayīs the same thing but the other the oppisite, what is right then?



    Just trying to create different scenarious to learn from and understand
    Last edited by Vampyria; July 12th, 2011 at 09:19 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    92
    There are those people who's minds tend to run wild... I believe in this case when they start asking the same questions to different readers over and over again there really ends up being no true question from the heart for them to ask so no true answer.... plus over the years I've noticed that no two people ever really give the same reading.... there might be something that might stand out to be the same but it's all in the mind of the reader and all in what's weighing on the questioners mind and heart right in the moment of the questions being asked....

    Another thing is it's really not the cards that tell the answers... but they are what triggers the mind of the reader for what they feel the answer might be.... So sometimes it might even help to find another type of avenue to search for your answer with.... also another thing that might help is to set down and write down your questions and reword them so there could be a clearer answer... Sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't.... just a couple of tips to keep in mind for asking questions or working with someone that might want you to do a reading for them...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    There are those people who's minds tend to run wild... I believe in this case when they start asking the same questions to different readers over and over again there really ends up being no true question from the heart for them to ask so no true answer.... plus over the years I've noticed that no two people ever really give the same reading.... there might be something that might stand out to be the same but it's all in the mind of the reader and all in what's weighing on the questioners mind and heart right in the moment of the questions being asked....

    Another thing is it's really not the cards that tell the answers... but they are what triggers the mind of the reader for what they feel the answer might be.... So sometimes it might even help to find another type of avenue to search for your answer with.... also another thing that might help is to set down and write down your questions and reword them so there could be a clearer answer... Sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't.... just a couple of tips to keep in mind for asking questions or working with someone that might want you to do a reading for them...
    Thank you all very much! Amanda, we talked about pendelums, can I clean it in homemade saltwater? I am cleaning my belly-piercings in that and I belive it would be good too, and then wear the neclace with me for some weeks before I use it, would that be ok? I got a stone, a pink one I think, can I use that? it stands for love

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •