Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately

As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

To the End of the Land, David Grossman and Jessica Cohen (Translator)

A Midwife's Tale : The Life of Martha Ballard, Based on Her Diary, 1785-1812, Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. Already viewed the dvd part of it and it was worth the watch. Now, I can't wait the book to learn even more about Ms Ballard.

I Was a Dancer, Jacques d'Amboise

The Liars’ Club, Cherry, Lit: Memoirs, Mary Kerr

Finished reading

Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, Bristol Palin and Nancy French

It was definitely worth the purchase and read.

This is taken from another thread and/response that I have done regarding Bristol's mother and Tripp's grandmother.

What is/are Sarah Palin stance/s on family leave act (maternity, paternity, etc)? The reason why I'm asking this here because she didn't bring up in neither of her books. In my opinion this should be a paid one. It should also nation and worldwide as well.

Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight? That also goes her putting her husband, kids, rest of her family, and friends being in the spotlight and etc. Even though I'm still like her as a person then a politician.

She should just go back to her husband and kids. Instead being in the spotlight. Do feel sorry for her kids and the rest of family and everyone whom is associated with her. Because politics have truly ruined her and her husband for sure. Yeah I could be wrong about this.

Finished reading these few books a few mo back.

The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents.: One Unconventional Detour Around the World, Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, Amanda Pressner.It was worth the read. Especially, returning the hardcover because found it was little worn. Had to wait until the paperback was released to read it.

Mountain of Crumbs: A Memoir, Elena Gorokhova a week ago. It was worth read. Especially, since found I learned more about the former Soviet Union then what I already knew about before reading your memoir. Can't wait to read more of Ms Gorokhova's life and/or her mothers life now.

A Father's Love: One Man's Unrelenting Battle to Bring His Abducted Son Home, David Goldman. WOW what a memoir this was and thank you, Mr. Goldman for writing about your ordeal to get Sean back home.

NYC ChefWitch & food psycho
    I'm getting ready to start Game of Thrones; my best friend is already way past the first book so I need to catch up.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
    Aside from reading textbooks about SQL, CSS and ASP I am also reading some fiction.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (In Swedish)
    The Picture Of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde
    Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand *shudders*

Oh, I am also reading The Web Application's Hackers Handbook; Discovering and Exploiting Security Flaws and a John Lennon biography.

Those are the current ones I am reading.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Lake Chaubunagungamaug
    Quote Originally Posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    I'm getting ready to start Game of Thrones; my best friend is already way past the first book so I need to catch up.
    Good choice. A Dance With Dragons came out as soon as I finished the series so now I'm still not finished with the series.
    "Oh yeah, well quote this!"

(> <)

First person to notice this text doesn't win a prize.

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)
    The most recent books I've read are: "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan," "The Late, Lamented Molly Marx" and "Nefertiti." And last night, I started reading a werewolf book called "Nightshade."
    Ever wondered how a parrot sees the world? Wonder no more.... Phoebe can tell you all about it, on Phoebe's Tree House!

~ * ~ * ~
    Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Phoenix, Arizona
    I have been slowly re-reading Stephen King's The Stand since 7/11 when I got my oral surgery done. Something about that story has helped me keep my mind off the pain of having my remaining 21 teeth removed and dentures seated.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

St. Augustine, Florida
    Well...what you SHOULD be reading, (or listening to, in any case) is the special exclusive audiobook of ACHERON, by Bryon Morrigan...available HERE at :D

Buy my latest book, ACHERON, as an exclusive audiobook from now!
    (Or sign up for a 30-day trial of, and get it for free!)

Almost finished "A Dance with Dragons" - the whole series is like "crack on paper". But I have had to walk away from it for a little while (I got WAY to involved). I have been to distressed but getting back on the wagon now (I've recovered) and will finish dance with dragons before the new year. That will give a little while to recover and psyche myself for the next installment - out in 2012.
    ..... Living a PAGAN Life .....

....."It's NOT easy being GREEN " - Kermit the Frog .....

..... Group Hug ......

Southeast Michigan
    I'm expecting a pile of books for Christmas. I need to get reading. Currently, I'm reading "The Dictionary of Demons", by Michelle Belanger.
    “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -- Buddha

I just finished "Retirement Heist" and "Forged", both non-fiction but interesting reads.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast