Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately

I'm expecting a pile of books for Christmas. I need to get reading. Currently, I'm reading "The Dictionary of Demons", by Michelle Belanger.
    “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” -- Buddha

I just finished "Retirement Heist" and "Forged", both non-fiction but interesting reads.

Working through the Pendragon series by Lawhead with Poison Study by Maria Snyder coming up next. On the non-fiction front I'm reading Mist Filled Path by Frank MacEowen and Invoking the Dark Goddess by Stephanie Woodfield who also happens to be the HPS of the eclectic coven I joined

I'm reading non-fiction right now. The present book is "witches, werewolves and fairies" by Claude Lecouteux.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

Iliad and Odyssey. I read it before but now I am listening to an audio book and listening to it is so much better, especially with a good narrator that can bring the story to life. :D

My before bedtime 'read' at this time is Assassins Apprentice by Robin Hobbs. Great trilogy!
    Last edited by Shanti; January 9th, 2012 at 01:10 PM.

Game of Thrones! How did I miss this until the series came out? I wish I had read it first but I'm nearly done with the first book and I'm sure I'll have the second one done by the time the second season comes out. Wow.

The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

I'm almost finished Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Been reading/have read lately: "Hundens sprĺk och flockliv" by Lars Fält, "Eld, flammor och glöd - samisk eldkonst" by Yngve Ryd, "Essence of Ninjutsu" by Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi.
    Wounded I hung on a wind-swept gallows
    For nine long nights,
    Pierced by a spear, pledged to Odhinn,
    Offered, myself to myself
    The wisest know not from whence spring
    The roots of that ancient rood

They gave me no bread,
    They gave me no mead,
    I looked down;
    with a loud cry
    I took up runes;
    from that tree I fell

-Hávamál

The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie and Iron Kingdom: The Rise and Downfall of Prussia, 1600-1947 ​by Christopher Clark.
    JFGI

I started reading The Rainbow by DH Lawrence. I have put it aside to re-read The Great Gatsby. I'm thinking I'll have a new appreciation for it. In high school, I didn't like it, but I'm hoping I'll understand it now that I'm supposedly a grown up.
    Love you Bobby. RIP My Gentle Giant.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast