Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately

is offline Cthulhu's many-tentacled social worker
    Heller's catch-22, Erickson's deadhouse gates, frazer's golden bough, and Gray's enlightement's way.
    Oh, i also "read" stochastic process theory for my exams. Not very entertaining, as you can probably understand...

I'm about to start reading Dark Shadows: The Salem Branch by Lara Parker.
    My mom practically shoved into my hands saying I needed to read it lol (I think she just wants someone to talk about it with )
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans -John Lennon
    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    Goddamit, I just bought the trilogy!!!!!!!!! My sister said it was racy so I bought it. I'll read it anyway but I guess I should have thought about my and her definitions of "racy" beforehand because now I wonder if I'm going to get 'cheated'. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson with the Twilight series because that turned out to be total shit writing.

*sigh*
    They're racy if you have a very dull sexual history, from what I hear. I've also heard that various BDSM sub-communities are appalled by what's apparently an at times dangerously inaccurate representation of that "racy" behavior. I've heard pleas to not attempt to use them as any sort of how-to unless you want a trip to the ER/morgue.

As for my own reading at the moment, A Princess of Mars.
    JFGI

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberias View Post
    They're racy if you have a very dull sexual history, from what I hear. I've also heard that various BDSM sub-communities are appalled by what's apparently an at times dangerously inaccurate representation of that "racy" behavior. I've heard pleas to not attempt to use them as any sort of how-to unless you want a trip to the ER/morgue.

As for my own reading at the moment, A Princess of Mars.
    Thanks for info. I'd like to think my sexual history is very far from dull but I'll give the first book a try anyway since I bought the trilogy; if I can't get through it I'll donate them.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Just about to start reading Just After Sunset by Stephen King
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Common Sense and The Rights of Man - Thomas Paine

50 Shades Darker - EL James

FTR, the "Shades of Grey" books are OK. I rate them 2 out of 5 stars... and tend to spend more time amused/bemused while reading them than anything. If you are interested in some reviews to check out - with and without spoilers - check out goodreads.com. You can get a good feel of what people like the books you do, and then check out their ratings of these books to give you a better idea of whether or not you want to invest the time. Handy!

And, yes. Most definitely not to be considered in any way, shape, or form a "how-to" for entering into the BDSM community.
    Ancora Imparo

The Hobbit. Gearing up for the movie
    Exitus Acta probat
    "I cast magic missile into the darkness."
    THE GOD OF RANDOMIZED THWACKING and silly wars
    Current # of disciples: 42

I got most of my souls back.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever" - the Replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by jodarius View Post
    The Hobbit. Gearing up for the movie
    That one i'm looking forward to myself. Just hope it's not going to be to choppy considering its supposed to be three movies now. There is enough of the cast from LOTR that most of the character's will be the same, especially with the elves and Gandolph.

Well the third movie is supposedly centered on the stories that happen between Hobbit and LOTR
    Exitus Acta probat
    "I cast magic missile into the darkness."
    THE GOD OF RANDOMIZED THWACKING and silly wars
    Current # of disciples: 42

I got most of my souls back.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever" - the Replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by jodarius View Post
    Well the third movie is supposedly centered on the stories that happen between Hobbit and LOTR
    I've read it's supposed to be some of the filler at the end of the book but also that some of it is a continuation of the final part of the book carried into the 3rd film. About the only part that seems probale is they are going to go itno more depth with who they actually meet along the way. Can't think of the huntsman's name but the preview I saw recently has either him or Tom Bombadril though I don't recall him (Tom) being in the Hobbit book.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast