Thread: Question for Dianics/Goddess worshipers

Question for Dianics/Goddess worshipers

For those of you who are Dianic or Goddess worshipers who don't completely exclude the male aspect, how do you personally go about doing this? I've never felt drawn to any male deity, but I recognize them as individual male manifestations of Goddess. Both are important, but, to me, the female brings forth all life, whereas the male is the creative life force that exists within all life along with the life force contributed by the female. Hopefully, that makes sense. So basically, I'm just wondering if anyone else shares this viewpoint or something similar? Thanks.
    Chenoa

I'm not dianic exactly. However, I put much more emphasis on the feminine than the masculine. I do worship a god, but my goddess worship is much more comfortable to me. If you take a look at various goddesses you'll find that many goddesses possess "masculine" properties or aspects, and vice versa. I've found that all the dichotomy I need can be found with goddesses. I worship a few deities: Bast & Freya and Ullr. I'm much closer to Bast & Freya than Ullr. Ullr is by nature an aloof and independent god so perhaps thats part of it. I tend only to call on him on matters that involve my husband, or when I'm doing activities very much associated with him (Skiing, or being in/near snow...especially in the woods). However with Bast & freya I'm much more likely to call on them for aid or advice for myself.
    ~*~ )o( Blessings in Shadow & Light! )o( ~*~

~ Semper Fi ~

is offline Now I know there is no before, nor after
    Hmmm...most of your target audience might see this if it was in the Dianic path secton?

Just a thought, feel free to ignore me
    Memories of Pain and Light
    http://painandlight.wordpress.com/

Simple acts of devotion will never suffice.
    You, I cannot worship by halves.

Hellenic Web Forum- http://forum.hellenistai.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fiamma View Post
    Hmmm...most of your target audience might see this if it was in the Dianic path secton?

Just a thought, feel free to ignore me
    Agreed. Moving to the correct forum-Paths: Dianic & Goddess Witchcraft