Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Loosing weight

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    *sigh* And yet you didn't mention ailments or sensitivities in your original post. Your finn crisps are even worse than whole wheat bread, there is little to no nutritional value in them. Green peas and sundried tomatoes are great but there's a variety of other vegetables and fruits you should be trying if you can't eat raw tomatos or onions. You are still eating too many carbohydrates in a day, it doesn't appear as if you're getting enough protein and lack of vegetable/fruits are a concern.

You asked for advice, what were you looking for then if not help on how to maximize your nutrition and weightloss?
    Can I just say something... the finn crisp ones are good as a snack or instead of normal bread. They contain 25 calories per slice and is low in sugar carbohydrates. 1g dietary fiber per 6.5 grams of product is a damned good ratio, and it contains a good amount of iron and magnesium too. Just because something is made from a grain doesn't mean it's bad. This products is mostly wholegrain rye flour, wholegrain oat flour, barley and millet. In fact most of Finn Crisp products are made from rye, which has a larger amount of dietary fiber than wheat. They use no added sugars or fats either.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Æon Flux View Post
    Can I just say something... the finn crisp ones are good as a snack or instead of normal bread. They contain 25 calories per slice and is low in sugar carbohydrates. 1g dietary fiber per 6.5 grams of product is a damned good ratio, and it contains a good amount of iron and magnesium too. Just because something is made from a grain doesn't mean it's bad. This products is mostly wholegrain rye flour, wholegrain oat flour, barley and millet. In fact most of Finn Crisp products are made from rye, which has a larger amount of dietary fiber than wheat. They use no added sugars or fats either.
    I didn't say grains were bad - A snack of them occasionally isn't a big deal but if you're eating them every day you're sacrificing nutrition when you could be eating a more whole grain food that's less processed. They're still crackers, eating whole grains such as whole barley or bulgar is a more nutritious way to get your whole grains in and they'll fill you up for longer. Processed flour, regardless of whether it's white flour or wholegrain flour will not stay with you as long as a 1/2 cup serving of actual grains and it's nutritional value is triple than a serving of the crisps. If, for example, you serve 2 crackers with a tuna salad or a tuna and white bean salad then it can be added as a serving of grain but you still shouldn't eat them as a primary source of fiber or grains. Add to that the 2 slices of bread and then you've taken in way more processed flour than you should be. I won't say to stop eating them; all foods have their place in a healthy diet and while I don't think the Finns are unhealthy at all, just that there are better ways to get your whole grains in. Also, since Vampyria is looking to revamp (no pun intended) her eating plan, we're looking to cut back on that and incorporate alot more veg and fruit.

I've not had the Finn crisps, they look like the Wasa crispbreads, which I do actually like to eat with my tuna white bean salad.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

starting my foodjournal today, so letīs see how bad it is and how good it can become, I got thinner thies now because I donīt walk for more than 90 minutes á day, if I do more then the muscles will grow and my thies become big again, my problemareas are my stomache and arms but I lift weights and I do situps aswell, not everyday, mostly weekends but I do them

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyria View Post
    starting my foodjournal today, so letīs see how bad it is and how good it can become, I got thinner thies now because I donīt walk for more than 90 minutes á day, if I do more then the muscles will grow and my thies become big again, my problemareas are my stomache and arms but I lift weights and I do situps aswell, not everyday, mostly weekends but I do them
    In your opening post you discussed what you've been eating which means you're aware of what and how much you're taking in. That's the first step.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Iīve lost weight!
    My legs are smaller and my belly aswell, I think itīs because I stopped walking for more than maximum 2 hours on weekends(my legs became bigger when I walked 3 hours or more) and my belly, well I think itīs because I changed my eating habits a little and I am not as stressed as I was before, happy:D I still got my ass but hey, canīt do much about it and my belly, well itīs getting smaller but not flat but still, I am working on it, just so happy:D Mom told me how nice I look now that my legs are smaller, which makes me feel great.

I believe that in order to lose weight you need to do exercises more systematically and eat normally. If you cann't plan your workout yourself, then you can search on the site https://wodcat.com/wod suitable for your level of training. It would also be good to consult with a nutritionist so that you get all the necessary vitamins and nutrients from your diet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3