Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about a reading I did

Question about a reading I did

Hi!

I just did a reading for my friend using first major aracana and then mixed the rest of the deck(I cleansed the deck in the morning), and it all went fine howerer major arcana gave a uncertain kind of probably yes answer and when the rest was mixed together we got a straight answer so she was happy and got what she wanted out of it, I told her things can change so weīre gonna do it again next month.

However, now a fue minutes ago, I was gonna ask something for myself and my card just said probably not all the time, it was like having a someone turning their back on you in a Bitch, donīt ask me anything-way, you know like some really mean girls do while flipping their hair.

So, do I cleans again or just leave it for a fue weeks? Feels like I need to leave it alone because of my negative energy I have today. It went fine asking for my friend, she was relaxed, I was relaxed and she thought of the questions and I just layed out the cards.

You know the line from LoTR? 'Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.'

Mostly I view the cards like that. The Tarot are not the Fates... they won't tell you what to do or give you any definite answers. The tarot show you what is, and what will mostly likely happen if things stay the way they are. Often they will give insight or underline things you already know to be true.

Lastly, why do you think that the cards saying "probably not" is a spurn? Maybe that's the answer? The cards will give you answers you don't like... doesn't mean they're wrong.

I don't think the cards are ever 'bitches'. Ambiguous 'yes', especially when you are asking a question for/about yourself.

I'd just study the card-lore more before revisiting the issue. With or without cards we get to figure out what to do ourselves.

Hi!

Because I asked things I know, like do I have a dog called(what my dog is called) and got a probably no, but he is called that, itīs something I was taught, to ask something I already know and to see what the answers are to know the mood of my guides. I also asked where i work and i know i work here so.. oh well will let them be for a while because Iīve used to for a lot of readings latley, I told my friends that I got a deck so now everyone wants readings
    Last edited by Vampyria; August 1st, 2011 at 02:03 AM.

I find that if I ask a question when I already know the answer I just get random cards back rather than what I want to know. Also, if you're trying to 'test' the deck out by asking simple questions you already know I find that because you don't believe you'll get the answer, ie you have to test it, you get random cards back. I find that I need to have 100% commitment and belief to get a meaningful answer.

The only reason to why I did that was because I was told to do so by the lady in the store where I bought my deck, so itīs not a good thing to do then?

Gosh, I need a book about tarot so that I know doīs and dontīs and what reading to use and how to ask ect, any tips of good books?

That's just my opinion. I've got three different books and they all contradict each other from time to time. My advice would be to ask lots of questions, do lots of research, and take the things that make sense to you and discard the rest. If the method of asking basic questions seems right to you, then keep doing it. If it doesn't, stop doing it.

Ok thanks for the tip, I will and then see what adds up and what doesnīt then, but I am gonna take a break for a while because there are tons of stuff at work and my privatelife and the last thing I need is for my negative energy to affect my readings.
    If not asking basic questions, then what should I ask?

I personally don't like doing any kind of test. I always try to trust my deck and my intuition. I find that as long as I believe that I'll get a meaningful spread then I will. Also, the stronger I direct my thoughts about the question into the cards, concetrating on the question at hand and not other influences, the clearer it gets. But sometimes that's easier said than done so it is good to take some time out from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by grug View Post
    I personally don't like doing any kind of test. I always try to trust my deck and my intuition. I find that as long as I believe that I'll get a meaningful spread then I will. Also, the stronger I direct my thoughts about the question into the cards, concetrating on the question at hand and not other influences, the clearer it gets. But sometimes that's easier said than done so it is good to take some time out from time to time.
    Yeah that is easier said than done, I get influences sometimes, like I get other thoughts in my head, so I canīt concentrate on what I ask, so I need a time out so I can clear my head. Because it just doesnīt add up right now, probably because I am so busy and pretty much negative right now, that affects everything right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast