Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Butterflies...Nervous, and Excited!

Butterflies...Nervous, and Excited!

Wow! The last few months has been absolutely filled with surprises! As some of you know, I've recently been trying to develope a business with a dear friend of mine. We are starting off with an online store, soon, where we can sell our handmade pagan crafts and items, my tarot readings, as well as other Pagan/Newage/Metaphysical Wares. In order to finance this endeavor, Phyllis (my friend) and I are selling our crafts at psychic fairs (where I will also be doing readings), craft fairs, fleamarkets, and festivals.

Our FIRST fair, is the Psychic/Craft fair here in town, which benefits the Humane Association of North Western Rhode Island (Part of the fee of each reading, goes directly to the humane association, and the price of each vending spot, also benefits the association). This Psychic fair is only a week away now! And though I have far more than I thought I would have done, completed, I've still got so far to go! And i'm SO nervous, besides! It's really hard to put your neck out there with your own creations, and hope that someone finds them attractive enough to purchase! I am SOOOOOOOO nervous!

In addition to this, I was additionally surprised by an offer from the President, and High Priestess of the Pagan Community Church in Connecticut, to vend my readings, and crafts at their annual Beltaine Festival. Again, I'm excited, and nervous. And to make matters even MORE exciting/nervewracking, Alicia (the HPS, and Pres) offered me a chance to waive my admission/vending fee in return for some volunteer work at the festival. Since I have some health and ability limitations, I was trying to find a way in which I could help, which would not be too taxing. Silly me blurts out..."I know..I could do a class!" (knocks head against wall) A class? I'm going to instruct a CLASS? Now..I'm REALLY nervous. Been a looooooooong time since I spoke in public.

The class I'm teaching is a topic which I'm very familiar and comfortable with..I'm teaching a class on Geneology/Ancestral research, and how investingating ones family history, can enrich ones spiritual path.

But..no matter how familiar I am with the subject matter, or how comfortable, I'm still SOOOOOOOOOO nervous! It's over a month away, and I've already got massive butterflies floating around in my tummy!

These are all extremely exciting possibilities for me. When I lived in my hometown, I had alot of friends, great social activities, a circle to attend, and a steady job. Since moving to Rhode Island, three years ago..I've been very isolated, very "lonely", had no spiritual community to celebrate sabbats or esbats with, and no job. So..this opportunity is meeting alot of needs. First, meeting the woman who is my business partner has really been terriffic. She's such a good friend. Being able to do this sort of business, is great for me, because it's a way in which I can express my creativity, as well as my spirituality. Thus, it takes a way a small part of that feeling of spiritual stagnancy that I've had. And now this Beltaine Festival. I feel like shouting from the rooftops! I'll be at a Beltaine festival, with a ton of other people. I'll have the opportunity to make a little income through the sale of my crafts and readings.... and now.. i am going to be instructing a class!

Wow!

Big changes in the works for little ole' me. Just hope the butterflies quiet down long enough for me to enjoy these changes!
    Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Forum Guide- History Forum

Well, you KNOW I'm behind ya'!!! :D

Don't worry about the class either--I'm sure you'll be fine. I taught a class on online auctions in a corporate setting and although I knew a lot going in, my biggest worry was whether or not I'd be able to answer any questions that they had.

I not only did it but I kicked butt too!

You'll be fine. Deep breaths and lots of chocolate--that will get you through!!!!

-----------><-------------
    Say it with me: Peace, Prosperity, Persistance.
    THOUGHT = ENERGY = HOPE

Classic Flar: have to go asphyxiate clown
    SMILE! Irving loves you.
    HURRICANE PET HELP: Don't Forget The Pet!!!~~ Petfinder: Hurricane Site

Procrastinate Now, Don't Put It Off--Ellen DeG.

Jesus loves pipe-cleaners.
    Wtchy's Mood: I didn't mean to break Ernesto!

Thanks hon.....I'll keep reminding myself..."Breath and chocolate, Breath and chocolate"
    Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Wow Danus
    Good luck!!
    ]

All my best wishes to you .......I know you'll be great.........

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
    It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
    Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

Danus, that's wonderful news! Although I can understand the butterflies

I am going to try to get up to the Pascoag and if so I will definitely be on the lookout for your booth.

And if anyone is qualified to talk about geneaology, you are. I'm sure the butterflies will calm themselves once you get into it.

Much luck, blessings and well wishes being sent your way as you embark on these new endeavors!
    I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.
    When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high, and don't be afraid of the dark.

"There's always a lot of magic, but our way of seeing is very small and we mostly just call it Nature. Why, we are not at all surprised that we can pick an apple in the autumn that was a pink flower in the spring. That's natural magic and we don't really notice it."
    ~ Pidge
    The Hounds of the Morrigan

Thank you Moonowl! I hope you can make it up to the psychic fair. I put some info about it in the public announcements forum. Call the number listed there if you want directions. I'm not sure if I'll have a sign up at my booth or not. But..I go by "Raine" for my readings..so... ask around My husband will probably be there too, doing palm readings..I think he'll be the only palmreader there, so it shouldn't be too hard to find me

Grieving, Accepting, Still Loving & Missing Him
    Isn't it awesome when dreams come true?

May you always have a smile on your face and money in your pockets!
    My adopted smilies:
    Joe and LaGina

I Proudly And Lovingly Accept This Banner On Behalf of Our Beloved Flar7 for his poem, "The Chase." It Was Truly How He Lived.

Come Dream With Me...

Oy! My Goddess! Creations
    COS9 is the Goddess of Banners!
    The Goddess Cafe

Well, I've got the message - stay among the living - Stevie Nicks

Thanks Freyja, and everyone else. Yes it is great

Best of wishes! :D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast