Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Revenge and the 3Fold Law

Revenge and the 3Fold Law

I've been doing a lot of thinking the last lil bit about revenge and how it works with the 3-Fold Law.

Now as I have been taught and understand it the three fold law means whatever you send into the universe gets returned to you times three. So if you curse someone or wish ill on them it gets sent back to you as payment with an extra kick for good measure.

But what about returning the negative energy someone has inflicted on you? Say in the case of abuse from a partner? Does returning that energy to the person with your compliments invoke the 3fold law?

Personally I'm inclined to say it doesn't. A spell such as would take the negative energy someone has directed at you and reflect it back at them isn't actually cursing them. The way I see it you're just being an instrument of karma, invoking the 3fold law on their behalf as it were.

Wondered what others of the old ways thought.

I've never been in a situation like that, but here's my thought process. And yes, I know that you never know what you'll do until you do it, but I digress.

First off, I don't do magic when I'm in a non calm state. If I angry, sad, stressed, etc, then I won't do spells. I will pray, meditate, etc, but no actual spellcasting.

Second, I don't send negative energy back on somebody. Think about this in a different situation: Someone is trying to pick a fight with you in a bar. Yelling, spitting, invading your bubble, etc. You get a bouncer to remove him from you. Now, he's out on the street. You are not in trouble at all, and are in no way responsible for what happens next.

If someone did abuse you, it's sooo tempting to put all that negative energy back on them ("They deserve it!"), but while it may be justified, I personally cannot see the good in that. It stoops to their level and is just another way of continuing the cycle. I find it better to simply remove that negative energy from me.

If I do send it back to the person, then yes, the 3 fold law matters. It is all about intent, in my eyes. If you do something in a negative (counting revenge) vein, then it will be applicable. but if you are simply seeking to make a positive change in your life, then it doesn't.
    Even when your hope is gone, move along just to make it through the night.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

For one thing I do agree with you, magic should only be done in a calm state. But all magic does require energy and emotions.

If the intent to to remove the negative energy from a person and return it to the source so that the victim can move on with their life is that evil?

3 fold isn't a magical multiplication. It just simply means that any action will effect you in three ways (actions have consequence). It will effect your heart/mind/body/spirit, etc. Not that "I donated $100 and then found $300."

I understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by aynfean View Post
    For one thing I do agree with you, magic should only be done in a calm state. But all magic does require energy and emotions.

If the intent to to remove the negative energy from a person and return it to the source so that the victim can move on with their life is that evil?
    Yes, magic require energy and emotions, but also focus. And that's where being calm comes in. If you're frantic and stressed and all over the place, then that's what I meant by not doing it then.

See, I don't like returning it to the source. That's the only part I say is tricky. Note: Not evil, because it isn't evil. For me and my beliefs, it's all about intent. And I feel that returning it to the source, while not AS BAD as them giving it to in the first place, is still not right. I would prefer to filter it out of my life. You can either abuse back or let the abuse go. That's my view on it.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

I guess I don't see how returning negative energy to the source is not right. I'm not talking about abusing the person back, or even wishing ill on their life. Only that the emotional impact of the abuse they caused would be clear to them, freeing the victim of the emotional sh*tstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by aynfean View Post
    I guess I don't see how returning negative energy to the source is not right. I'm not talking about abusing the person back, or even wishing ill on their life. Only that the emotional impact of the abuse they caused would be clear to them, freeing the victim of the emotional sh*tstorm.
    I see.

From your first posts, I took "the source" as the person that did the abusing. And that's why I said what I did, because if the source is a person, then yeah, I feel it's wrong. If by "source" you meant the universe/etc, then ok, I get that. And that's acceptable and preferred in my opinion.

I don't know much, but I feel that if you sent negative energy back to a person, even if they put it on you first, it would just be bad, hence why I called it abuse.

Also, "revenge" in the title implies negative connotation, which is also why I said what I said.
    my blog

Accepting Tarot Requests

No you understood correct. By source I meant the person who did the abusing.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, and that my past experience is very much clouding my judgement. But to me sending all of the negative emotional energy someone inflicted on a partner via words and fists back to them not as words or fists but the energy scar that leaves behind so that the partner doesn't have to carry it around anymore just doesn't seem wrong.

Meh. If someone's got it coming I have no problem with anyone mirroring that negativity back....if it fits within their paradigm.

Threefold Law, Schmeefold Law....everything has a cause and effect. Even the best act with wrong intent can and will boomerang.

Let's at least be honest and send it back to whoever has it coming to them.
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast