Thread: How good do you need to be to charge for readings?

How good do you need to be to charge for readings?

Iíve been wondering for a while about how people determine theyíre ready to charge for readings. Iím not asking because I want to start charging, as I know Iím nowhere near at that stage yet, but Iím curious how people get there.

Do you just gauge peopleís feedback? Are there any KPIís?

Sometimes I think I live in the dance studio.
    Well, I'm no tarot expert (actually, it's been ages since I even saw a deck) but I'd say it'd probably be when people outside of your immediate family and circle of friends start asking because they heard you read, and when you're feeling confident enough in your tarot skills that you're accurate most of the time.

Just my two cents.

is offline SEXY conservative asshole with a heart
    It is all about either confidence, naivety, or what many would call a shady moral base. If people are willing to pay, feel free to take their money, if they don't like it they just won't come back and you will know it isn't a great long term venture
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

You can start charging as soon as people start flooding you with requests. I should be. I've been reading for over two years (I realise that's not a massively impressive amount of time, but it's what I do best) and I'm tired of doing free readings for people. I also agree with the above posts. You have to feel good about it.
    Mundane Blog: a psych ward survivor's perspective on everything from new age to Pokťmon.