Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about major versus minor

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by aynfean View Post
    I can understand your point. It's just a choice I made a long time ago never to charge for that sort of thing. I wouldn't charge for a spell, potion, advice, cards, etc. The coven I belonged to felt strongly about that and I followed suit after some soul-searching of my own. As I said, it's different for everyone.
    I agree everyone is different. I didn't ever charge until I was unemployed. I was really uncomfortable with payment. But, I'm a single parent, I needed to make money. So I started a business doing tarot over the phone and sending reports. I have found that people actually value more the readings they pay for more then ones that I gave away. It was eye opening. I love tarot and I am passionate about it. I am thankful that I can support my children doing something that I love.
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

I've found that when I pay for a reading I do take it more seriously. I have had free readings done on a whim but if I'm prepared to part with my hard earned it means that I'm looking for advice that I really need or want.

I can understand your point. It's just a choice I made a long time ago never to charge for that sort of thing. I wouldn't charge for a spell, potion, advice, cards, etc. The coven I belonged to felt strongly about that and I followed suit after some soul-searching of my own. As I said, it's different for everyone.

I didn't charge for a long time too. Someone I respect very highly in the pagan community actually scolded me for it. Most of the time I do Celtic Cross spreads which take me about an hour. She said I should absolutely be compensated for the time and energy I put into a spread. While I don't do as many readings now, I find too that the people I read for have more respect for the reading and the advice given, which when it's someone I know, makes things much less frustrating. When they don't... oh well it was their money and they chose to ignore it. I will do a free reading now and again for a family member or just to stay in practice if it's been awhile.

I've yet to find a question worth asking the tarot that can be boiled down to a yes/no answer. Personally I don't tend to see the world as that much black and white. Usually answers are more along the lines of "no, but..." "yes, if..." etc. It's why people often accuse the cards of being too ambiguous. It's life that's ambiguous, not the cards.
    Very true...
    "There is no cry of pain without, at its end, an echo of joy. --Ramón de Campoamor (Spanish poet, 1817-1901)

http://www.tarotcanada.ca

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FutureEndeavours - quarterly newsletter archive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyria View Post
    Thanks chaoshawk! I will try them all because they all seemed great and tarotcanada thanks for the advice! i will try that too!:D
    You are very welcome...
    "There is no cry of pain without, at its end, an echo of joy. --Ramón de Campoamor (Spanish poet, 1817-1901)

http://www.tarotcanada.ca

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FutureEndeavours - quarterly newsletter archive.

I've yet to find a question worth asking the tarot that can be boiled down to a yes/no answer. Personally I don't tend to see the world as that much black and white. Usually answers are more along the lines of "no, but..." "yes, if..." etc. It's why people often accuse the cards of being too ambiguous. It's life that's ambiguous, not the cards.

That is true, that is why I always ask afterwards: How can I change this situation, what must be done ect,

I guess that's where different people differ. I'd never consider accepting money for a tarot reading personally. And I tend to revere the cards, not asking them trivial things.

I'm sorry you didn't find my answer helpful Vampyria.
    I did, just haven´t had time to respond :D Sorry

Just wanna say: thank u all for your opinions and advice and help I have learned so much just by reading it all, I will have it in mind

I agree with that.

I recommend rewording it so that it isn't yes/no. If you can't do this, then it's probably better to ask another question.

For example, will I get that job? ...10 of swords? Is it a bad job that will make me miserable, or does that mean I won't get it?
    Similar: What will be my financial state? ...10 of swords? Crap.

The methods Chaos Hawk gave are pretty awesome, actually. But I know I would personally spaz out trying to pull them off.

Just for fun, I want to show you THIS: http://www.facade.com/coin_flip/
    I found it extremely amusing.
    Mundane Blog: a psych ward survivor's perspective on everything from new age to Pokémon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2