Thread: really weird dying baby dream... =X

really weird dying baby dream... =X

I had this dream last night but I've no clue as to its meaning. It's short so this won't take long. For the record, I'm not pregnant nor do I have children.

I was in a room, a nursery perhaps, and I was holding a baby. I don't know if it was mine or not. The baby was about the side of a newborn to a couple months. I put this baby down in the cradle and then something caught my eye and I looked away for a couple seconds.

When I looked back down at the baby, it was laying face down. Somehow I viewed the baby on its belly as killing it (suffocating it.) I'm starting to sweat when I realize I have an audience behind me.

I can't see who they are but they're talking about me. They were saying/implying that I was trying to kill the baby. I laid the baby back on its back and turned to face this audience but when I heard their exclamations, I looked back and saw the baby on its belly again.

I turned it again and faced this group (still couldn't see them.) I was saying that I'd never kill a baby, that I'm not that kind of person. I'm trying to think of anything that might absolve me when I hit upon the idea that the baby was older than it looked. Like a toddler or something and I was saying I'm certain it can even walk.

I looked back at the baby but now the baby was on the ground, right in front of the door (as if leave) with its face pressed into the group. So I say "see? see?!" and I woke up.

It was really... bizarre. Any clue?

A really obvious but probably simplistic explanation is that you think that if you turn away for even a second, you're shirking some responsibility, or letting someone down. I mean, what could be worse than killing a baby? Whatever it is you're afraid of failing at, you feel like it's as crucial as a child's life. Does that sound like a possible explanation?

I don't think it's that bizarre. Even if you don't have children, the possibility of having children has probably crossed your mind. Doesn't everyone wonder, at some time or another, what kind of parent they would be?
    Wants to be , but doesn't know what it means yet.

EDIT: As of 4-27-11, 3:02 PM, I am completely, utterly, unequivocally .