Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foxes.

Question Foxes.

An occurrence like this has never happened on such a scale with me before. I finally decided to bring it up in the forum to see what the general consensus would be.

I have not done a good amount of research into this, because frankly I don't know where to start. I am being...followed, I suppose you could say, or hounded, or very frequently reminded, almost once a day now for the past seven months or so, give or take, by foxes.

Foxes. Everywhere. Real foxes that I spot when I drive through wooded areas. Pictures or paintings of foxes that randomly pop up. Fox references. People talking about foxes. People mentioning foxes, or conversations had about foxes. Foxes in the chat room I hang out in, foxes on TV, fox tales and fox tails, dreams about foxes, fox behavior in life...

I have been for the moment taking these things in their stride. I appreciate the fact that the universe is sending me such strong signals.

I am currently writing a novel, or have been for two years now, which features fox lore as a strong central theme. The fox lore is all made up, because the novel is fantasy and I did not want to copy any legends or whatnot. I am wondering on one hand if my psyche is just more sensitive to the fox because it is a centrifugal part of the story...but I can't say for certain. It feels much more than that, like a call. Or a visitation. Or even an invitation, but as to what I am unsure.

Foxes are to me a misunderstood creature, out of control in some areas and desperately rare in others. They are masters of camouflage, light-footed messengers, a cunning ally, a shrewd enemy. Their coats are royally colored, rich and unmistakeable. They understand the cruel means of survival. They know secrets. They understand how to Listen.

I'm trying to Listen to them. I understand that maybe they are there to remind me to write. But what if something else is at foot? What are your thoughts? Experiences?
    Last edited by Heliotrope; September 27th, 2011 at 11:39 AM.
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

Maybe look into goddesses or gods with a fox as a symbol? I know Japanese culture has a few fox goddesses and spirits. The Kitsune being the first that comes to mind.

Or maybe take some time to meditate on what a fox symbolizes to you. Perhaps a guiding spirit is trying to gently encourage you to look more into those qualities and characteristics.

And keep us updated. As someone who is also being followed by a particular animal and looking into the goddess connection I'm curious to see how a similar situation plays out for someone else!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDCvY...eature=related

Good Brothers (Canadian bluegrass) Fox on the Run - don't know why, but I read your post and this song jumped right into my head.
    "There is no cry of pain without, at its end, an echo of joy. --Ramón de Campoamor (Spanish poet, 1817-1901)

http://www.tarotcanada.ca

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FutureEndeavours - quarterly newsletter archive.

Quote Originally Posted by TarotCanada View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDCvY...eature=related

Good Brothers (Canadian bluegrass) Fox on the Run - don't know why, but I read your post and this song jumped right into my head.
    That's funny--we're big on bluegrass here in Kentucky. Traveled down a road called Fox Run a month ago, too.
    ---

[hi]

Now that is a classic....you should check for Arthurian references to foxes. Just a thought.
    "There is no cry of pain without, at its end, an echo of joy. --Ramón de Campoamor (Spanish poet, 1817-1901)

Now that is a classic....you should check for Arthurian references to foxes. Just a thought.
    It's a good one. I'll do that.
    ---

[hi]

I am researching foxes in Arthurian legend. Here is what I've found so far.

A fox hunt is briefly mentioned in the tale of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

Gildas, historian of British history, refers to British murderers of Roman rulers (rectores) "little foxes"--"little" as in "petty", "foxes" as in, it will be an easy fox hunt for the Romans in seeking revenge (and according to Gildas it is--the Romans set up shop and never left)

Sir Lancelot refers to King Mark in his letters as King Fox.

St. Patrick once got God to turn an early Irish king Coroticus into a fox.

--That is all I could find.

Looks to me like the British really had it in for foxes.
    ---

[hi]

Something similar happened to me when I first began to seriously work with Hecate, however mine were toad. The would appear at all times, in various incarnations. The strangest were the live ones that would wait for me at my front door at night, often walking me to or from my car. It wasn't the same toad repeatedly, but different ones that would sit on my stoop and wait for me. They were oddly tame as well, allowing me to come and sit next to them without so much as a sound.

As for foxes in particular, I would definitely suggest looking into Japanese mythology. I've had some experience myself with foxes spiritually speaking, and I found that Japan had an interesting connection to it.

That being said, I believe that the fox is also considered a "trickster," so some mythology in that vein might interest you as well.
    I loathe and shun the uninitiate crowd,
    I keep a sacred silence: for I am
    a priestess of the Muses and I sing songs
    never heard before to virgins and boys.

I have some books here and I will see what I can find. The Fox Hunt is still a big deal on both sides of the Atlantic although I don't think they kill the fox anymore. The story of Gawain and the Green Knight is an important story. I lke that King Fox - reminds me of the 4 of coins in the tarot - big plans, big ideas, no money to make it happen.

I have some books here and I will see what I can find. The Fox Hunt is still a big deal on both sides of the Atlantic although I don't think they kill the fox anymore. The story of Gawain and the Green Knight is an important story. I lke that King Fox - reminds me of the 4 of coins in the tarot - big plans, big ideas, no money to make it happen.
    Oh, how true that is at the moment.
    ---

[hi]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast