Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Secret Circle

Thumbs up The Secret Circle

I read the books years ago. I'm actually really liking the series. I'm giving it a few weeks to pick up (since I had a hard time getting into Vampire Diaries, it took me a good 6 eps), but I think I like what I see so far.

Thoughts?

I am a woman who enjoys herself very much; sometimes I lose, sometimes I win.

I blog at Just Another Pagan Blog

DID I JUST DISAGREE WITH YOU? OMG, click here as to why.

I'm enjoying it. I can accept it's not going to be a super deep, life shaking show. It's a bunch of (seems to be) fairly rich-ish kids and magic. I'm ok with that lol.

I have been watching. It's kind of annoying but entertaining. I kind of like it so far. I have a feeling it is not going to last a long time though but I hope it does!

As someone who has read the books, I cringe every now and then at the changes they have made in the show. That being said, as a show separate the books that it's based on, I find it entertaining.
    てるてるあした。きょうはないでも、あしたはわらう。(Tomorrow will shine. Today you didn't but tomorrow you will smile)

I haven't read the books that the series is based on but I'm going to look for them. I do like watching the show as it's quite cheesy with a sinister twist.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

The books were great. Enough truth to give it some smiles, and enough fantasy to make it clear that Smith didn't rip apart paganism. I still read that series to this day when I need a good grin.
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle - as old and as true as the Sky. And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

I didn't hear about the books until after I started watching the show and now I'm kinda hesitant.

Still loving the TV show though!

Loving it so far!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.... life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://contemplatingspirit.blogspot.com

I find the show pretty lame so far. I quit at the 5th episode. Awful characters, bad story, etc. The only character I liked died so I'm left with all the others I wish could get hit by a van.

I've got more into the show that I did at first and IMHO the adults are quite creepy. If there are books available then I'd love to get hold of them.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast