Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shadow beings

Shadow beings

I've just had my first encounter with a shadow being yesterday. And I do not want too meet another one ever again. I was laying in bed listening too an audiobook when I saw a dark human-like shadow in the ceiling, it had no arms nor legs, just a torso and a head. No features what so ever. Then an arm grew out and came at me, growing down the wall. I turned on the lights and it vanished.

Are there any ways I can protect myself against these entities? And, is there any info on them? What are they, where do they come from, and what do they want?

Any experience I've had with those has left me a bit shaken so you have my sympathies. I'd suggest a house, or at the very least a room, cleansing. There are loads of different ways to do a house cleansing depending on your flavor of paganism.

As a green/hedge witch this is what I have done when asked to cleanse a house.

1. Burn a mixture of Sage and Sweetgrass (other incense that can be used are: Frankincense, Majoram, Pine, Rosemary, Lavendar or Juniper)
    2. Sprinkle a bit of salt water at every entrance to the space (I usually do this moving in a widdershins direction) - depending on how hostile I feel the unwanted energy was I might use a chant/spell here, anything along the lines of disinviting/banishing spirits works
    3. Light white candles that have been dipped in salt water at each of the cardinal points (North, East, South, West) moving deosil
    4. Use the incense (smudge stick) to seal the entrances (move the stick around the outline of the window, door, etc)
    5. Let the candles burn all the way out and then bury outside (with an offering of wine/cakes to your patron deity if you feel necessary)

I hope that helped. Not looked too much into who they are/what they want other than a general belief they are negative spirits. Without sensing the one you felt it's hard to say. In my experience they've been a mixture of beings from other planes and souls left behind that refused to follow the Horned God on the Wild Hunt.

Thank you kindly. Hm, I'm all out of frankinscense, could myrrh be used instead?

Recently I've been seeing shadowy figures at the corner of my eyes. This often happens at night time when I'm outside, or looking out of a window at night. Something catches my attention and a shadow has moved. You know when a person is walking along a street, passing a building and they come near a street light? They tend to cast a big obvious shadow. It's like that really. Once I look directly at it, it's gone and nothing was there. It could also be just an optical illusion or a dangling strand of hair making me imagine things. I'm not sure what I'm seeing but I'm so certain its one of those...

Anyway I think what you've experienced is more than just a shadow person. As far as I'm aware these "shadow people" are phantoms (who drift about). It sounds like you've had a sinister entity. You ought to seriously find out about this. You could try looking for someone who will perform an exorcism.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballgazer View Post
    Thank you kindly. Hm, I'm all out of frankinscense, could myrrh be used instead?
    I've never used it. As I mentioned Sage/Sweetgrass is my preferred combination. From what I know of Myrrh it's used to unite yourself with the spiritual, probably not what you're going for in this case.

Doesn't sound like you have much to worry about. I would take this time to get to know the local spirits, maybe set up an altar for them, something traditional. Banishing, cleansing, or other hostile actions are not going to expand your understanding of the spirits around you. Hey, just cause they are a different shade doesn't mean they are necessarily bad.
    What am I reading? I don't know yet, you haven't asked a question! Open for readings, but just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Runa~ View Post
    Recently I've been seeing shadowy figures at the corner of my eyes. This often happens at night time when I'm outside, or looking out of a window at night. Something catches my attention and a shadow has moved. You know when a person is walking along a street, passing a building and they come near a street light? They tend to cast a big obvious shadow. It's like that really. Once I look directly at it, it's gone and nothing was there. It could also be just an optical illusion or a dangling strand of hair making me imagine things. I'm not sure what I'm seeing but I'm so certain its one of those...
    Not to scare you or anything, because this sort of thing can happen occasionally to anyone... but when that specific experience (shadow-y things out of the corner of the eye) starts happening to me frequently, I have to get my medications adjusted.

I'm not kidding.

Some of the earliest/simplest hallucinations are the easiest to dismiss. You really don't know if it was "a trick of the eye" or an actual hallucination until it either gets worse or goes away. If it doesn't go away, consider seeing a doctor - either your eyes need testing (it happens) or you may need to be screened for early symptoms of a psychiatric disorder (it also happens).

Metaphysically speaking, I have heard of "Shadow Beings," however, I am not confident of their existence as a specific creature. I think the idea of a "shadow being" may be simply a common way of visually interpreting all sorts of spirits and creatures.
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Quote Originally Posted by Sequoia View Post
    Not to scare you or anything, because this sort of thing can happen occasionally to anyone... but when that specific experience (shadow-y things out of the corner of the eye) starts happening to me frequently, I have to get my medications adjusted.

I'm not kidding.

Some of the earliest/simplest hallucinations are the easiest to dismiss. You really don't know if it was "a trick of the eye" or an actual hallucination until it either gets worse or goes away. If it doesn't go away, consider seeing a doctor - either your eyes need testing (it happens) or you may need to be screened for early symptoms of a psychiatric disorder (it also happens).

Metaphysically speaking, I have heard of "Shadow Beings," however, I am not confident of their existence as a specific creature. I think the idea of a "shadow being" may be simply a common way of visually interpreting all sorts of spirits and creatures.
    While I don't want to be stepping on the toes of those who do believe in shadow beings, I have to agree with this post in its entirety. My best friend is bipolar and can suffer from extreme hallucinations when he's not on medication, so as a result I am a big proponant of thoroughly checking the mundane and health-related avenues first. But equally, yes, this sort of thing can also happen to anyone - especially when you're on the verge of sleep. So unless it happens again, I wouldn't worry too much about. Though go ahead and cleanse the room etc for peace of mind if you want!

I recently seen shadows crossing my bedroom door reflected off the turned off tv in the living room. I leave the light on in room so I don't have to turn the living room light on. I was wide awake. It happened two times. I recently read that negative energy can collect and cause shadows to apear. I live with my nephew and his girlfriend. Lots of drama and negative stuff. The other day it got so bad. I had incense from a pagan couple, one was protection which he gave me free when I told him I want to delve into divination of sorts. I also purchased blessing incense.I am new so I don't know what I am doing but it seemed like a good idea to burn the protection incense and wave it over the two and all the rooms. I said something I don't know what, then used the blessing incense and did the same thing, Saying I bless this house, god please bless this house. Matters calmed down after that. Is that proper use of the incense? I have also read that the shadow people are considered watchers spoke of in the lost books of the bible. They are here to observe us.
    On the other hand there was a time that I took a benzo after drinking by mistake, We did a three hour drive (my friend was sober) and I seen shadow creatures pass in front of the car the whole way, like shadow animals. also seen her sitting on the car window and driving. A bit of unintended hallucinating. OOps.

last night there was a shadow in my room that blocked any light from my window, which though heavily curtained I can see the street lights shining through. Later in the evening I could see like normal through the curtain like allways. Uncertain why. The house is haunted, I did see a ghost here last year when my ex lived here, full length white whispery nine year old boy shape. It was looking out the window I was sitting by playing on the computer. I watched it a few minutes, decided not to react and return to the computer, looked back he was still there. Next time he was gone.
    Ex claims there is a old woman ghost that used to live here who was killed here in the house, she came to him in dreams.
    It's a rather old house, not updated. There have been door closings and feelings of being touched or someone sitting on the bed, then moving.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast