Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Partner tells that people are hitting on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    I do that to my Mr. Man, simply because I love to see him get all big bad bear. It's like a little love-game we play, and only with each other and in private. "This guy was hitting on me." "I'm gonna get him." "Yes you are, big muscles."
    Haha! I do that too. I wonder if there's something wrong with me because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the possessiveness my SO shows over it. "I'm gonna kill him" "Why" "you're mine". I Know a lot of people can't stand that stuff, but I love it, and honestly it adds some fire to the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin.ann View Post
    Haha! I do that too. I wonder if there's something wrong with me because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the possessiveness my SO shows over it. "I'm gonna kill him" "Why" "you're mine". I Know a lot of people can't stand that stuff, but I love it, and honestly it adds some fire to the relationship.
    Nothing wrong with playful banter. He enjoys it just as much as I do. If he tells me a girl has hit on him, it's the same way around--
    "A girl hit on me."
    "I'm gonna get her."
    "I know you would, baby. You'd win."
    "You just want sex."
    "Yeah."
    "Okay!"
    -sex happens-

While there is a problem with using that sort of thing in the wrong way (i.e. spitefully), I don't see a problem with it being just that playful bedtime talk you share with your lover. It's really just a cutesy thing for us.
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

is offline (Adoreable) Community Member
    Must be a guy thing...since my reaction is usually the same as the previous male respones....I think you ladies use our jealousy to extort passion from us XD
    the true assention: Jesus died and went up to heaven. Upon entering nobody was there. he was all alone...and then it hit...The voice had tricked him...there was no pie.

Please, Send your energies to those who suffer from Anatidaephobia...They need your help more than ever, And remember, Anatidaephobia is no laughing matter. Check with your doctor immediatly if you have Anatidaephobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    Must be a guy thing...since my reaction is usually the same as the previous male respones....I think you ladies use our jealousy to extort passion from us XD
    I do anyways.

is offline (Adoreable) Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin.ann View Post
    I do anyways.
    Just aweful...if you gave us a chance we'd get to it...eventually...at somepO LOOK THE HIGHLIGHT REEL!
    the true assention: Jesus died and went up to heaven. Upon entering nobody was there. he was all alone...and then it hit...The voice had tricked him...there was no pie.

Please, Send your energies to those who suffer from Anatidaephobia...They need your help more than ever, And remember, Anatidaephobia is no laughing matter. Check with your doctor immediatly if you have Anatidaephobia.

I'll mention it in the course of conversation unless it's one of those hilarious scenarios, then I'll tell the whole story.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

My partner and I tell. It's not a big deal... It's just part of the day, like any other interaction with people.

Hubby tells me especially if it winds up being something silly... Like the one time he was a seller at a flea market and this one woman in her early 20s didn't have enough cash on her to pay for something on his table... She really wanted it and offered to give him a "showing" of her chest if he'd knock the price down to what she could afford. It was kinda cute and no, he did not take her up on the offer.

I always tell my husband when a man hits on me... He thinks it's funny the way I can REALLY get nasty when some guy won't leave me alone and I "turn" on them (I have a bit of a temper). Of course, if I'm with his younger brother and someone tries hitting on me, BIL will interfere then proceed to tell Hubby himself... *rolling eyes*
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

My man and I tell each other about it, not to make each other jealous or anything, we both could care less if someone else is hitting on the other. We just talk about it like any other thing that happened during the day. It's nice to be able to be like "that guy was totally hitting on me" or "i had some guy trying to get my number" and not have to worry about jealousy. Sometimes he will even tell me when I'm oblivious (or the other way around, i tell him when he's oblivious). I've had so many issues with past bf's being jealous of even my female friends, it's really nice to be able to openly talk about it. We feel that it's the same as complimenting someone and we wouldn't get jealous if someone said we had a nice shirt so why get jealous that someone is complimenting us.

is offline Even the people who never frown..
    I think it may be an attention getting thing in some cases... couple of examples that lead me to this thought:
    S and R
    S gets hit on a lot. However, he knows R doesn't think very highly of herself, and in her mind, if he talks about the times he has been hit on, she starts to think it's a hint that he may prefer the more outgoing female. Therefore, S doesn't tell R about those things, even in jest.

J and C
    C doesn't realize when she's being hit on, it's just not the way she thinks. J will point it out to her after, and both will laugh about it.

L and M
    L constantly tells M about girls hitting on him, which makes her act possessive and jealous. M tells L about guys hitting on her, and he acts possessive and jealous. Both complain to other people about the other one's actions.

Out of the three groups, one is married, one is dating, and one is not together anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast