Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time on ABC

Once Upon a Time on ABC

Did anyone watch this on Sunday night? It's a modern day fairy tale with Snow White, Prince Charming, Little Red Riding Hood, and more, set in a small town in Maine. What did you think of it? I got totally sucked into the storyline, and found myself loving the characters, and the plot. You can watch it online here. I can't wait till next Sunday night!
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    Albert Einstein
    Tumblr
    My New Spiritual Journal

I'm reserving judgement for a few more episodes. Didn't love it, didn't hate, did find it a tad cheesy but cheesy can be good if handled right (look at Stargate!).

It has potential. I agree to watching a few more episodes. It could be great or cheesy. I really like Robert Carlyle who is playing Rumpelstiltskin. NBC is going to do a show where a descendant of Grimm is a paranormal investigator. Sound like potential there too. www.nbc.com/grimm

Really looking forward to Grimm.

Typically I give a new show 3-4 episodes to hook me.

I really got sucked into it too! It does seem a bit cheesy at times but I can't help myself lol. I'm looking forward to more episodes.

is offline Jewish Renewalist/Who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    It has potential. I agree to watching a few more episodes. It could be great or cheesy. I really like Robert Carlyle who is playing Rumpelstiltskin. NBC is going to do a show where a descendant of Grimm is a paranormal investigator. Sound like potential there too. www.nbc.com/grimm
    Grimm is much better. I'll probably keep watching Once Upon a Time, because I'm a sucker for fairy tale adaptation, but I don't think it's very well written.
    Sadly, neither of them are anything like No Rest for the Wicked, which is the gold standard of fairy tale interpretation as far as I'm concerned.
    Better Know a Child Ballad

My Deviantart Page

I find both shows interesting but I'll wait later to see how it goes for both shows.

I am enjoying Once Upon A Time more than Grimm but I like them both. I will have to check out No Rest For The Wicked.

I like them both, but neither will ever compare, unless they seriously step up their game, to Supernatural.

In Once Upon a Time, they've rather set themselves up to fail. They have limited their storyline (so far) to Snow White, who as a mild mannered teacher is believable but.......

Grimm has a lot more options and I think of the two, will actually do better as they have more to go on.

What happens with Once after Snow White re-unites with her prince yanno? Will they switch to another "Evil Witch" and her story line? That brings in Sleeping Beauty and maybe Beauty and the Beast. I dunno, I agree Once is a bit better than Grimm but I think it will end up being a single season wonder rather than a continuing show.

After the first two episodes, I've gotten the impression that Once Upon a Time is rushing the storyline. It seems like they're expecting early cancellation and want to get as much story out there as they can just in case.
    JFGI

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast