Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Once Upon a Time on ABC

Have to admit I'd kind of totally forgotten about Once Upon a Time which doesn't bode well for my actually watching more of it. I claim the excuse of NaNo-brain lol. We'll see.

My son and I are really enjoying the show. I think it's a fantastic take on Fairy Tales, and I love the casting. I hope it stays around awhile.

I do miss the Seven Dwarves, tho.
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

I'm wondering if maybe my 6 year old would enjoy it. I like to have a show that's kind of "our show".

Quote Originally Posted by aynfean View Post
    I'm wondering if maybe my 6 year old would enjoy it. I like to have a show that's kind of "our show".
    I think so the boy in the show is 10. It's family friendly other than the normal fairy tale scary, if that makes sense?

Makes sense... funny I never even though about it til Twinkle mentioned watching it with her kid. *ponders weekend marathon*

Quote Originally Posted by aynfean View Post
    Makes sense... funny I never even though about it til Twinkle mentioned watching it with her kid. *ponders weekend marathon*
    We really like it...it's fun to watch your kid recognize certain Fairy Tale characters. They are surprisingly open to the twists and turns the TV show makes with Traditional Fairy Tales.

:D
    instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
    My son and I are really enjoying the show. I think it's a fantastic take on Fairy Tales, and I love the casting. I hope it stays around awhile.

I do miss the Seven Dwarves, tho.
    See, now that is why my boys won't watch it. They said no dwarves is cheating and that they made Snow White into Robin Hood.

Yep...Snow White is Robin Hood. I'm totally digging it. :D

I'm really liking it. Its playful, entertaining. I like their approach to unfolding the entire story. I like the play on fairy tales in the real world. ... I hate to say it.. but I'm also really hooked on the music they're using.

Someone said earlier that they hope its on for a while. I'm scared they'll run out of story line.. but then again.. its from the people who made Lost.. soooooooo lol.

is offline Jewish Renewalist/Who knows?
    Another fairy tale adaption that I read recently that I liked was Sarah Beth Durst's Into the Wild. It's meant for preteens, and what I liked about the plot was the idea that being a character in a fairy tale is a constricting role that one should want to escape from, and that living in the real world is preferable. I think one reason I prefer Grimm is that I am kind of disturbed by the notion that fairy tales represent some kind of ideal world where justice always prevails.

I think I sound like I'm shilling for a few people on this thread. I swear that none of them are me and none of them are paying me.
    Better Know a Child Ballad

My Deviantart Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2