Thread: I would like a mentor

I would like a mentor

If at all possible, I am fairly new to Pagan paths (been exploring/researching/experimenting since 2008 and walked my own spiritual path for many years before, which became more avid from 2000) and am still very eclectic with interests in Shamanism, Druidism, Celtic Paganism, and Witchcraft. Even within witchcraft I'm not sure whether I would be a kitchen, hedge, or wildwood witch, or something else. I'm not drawn to Wicca in the way I'm drawn to the above paths though. I could do with someone questioning me, guiding me and generally helping me "narrow down" which path(s) is right for me....Any help appreciated.

What path are you interested in? See above.
    How long have you been studying? 3 yrs
    What areas of paganism have you already explored? Wicca, Witchcraft, Shamanism, and have read a little about Paganism in general and lots of the traditions that are part of it.
    What areas of paganism are you interested in? See above.
    Are you drawn to any specific deity? I am somewhat drawn to Anubis and Artemis, and not sure why I am drawn to two deities from two different pantheons. I am also drawn to the Valkyrie and to Goddess Freyja who is connected with them - from yet another tradition. See how confused I am?

What time zone are you in? GMT
    Preferred method of communication? (PM, IM, e-mail, etc) PMs/emails and maybe an IM session once a week
    How much time can you devote to learning? Probably only around 2 hours a week, tops. I also can't afford to be going out buying books I'm afraid (not working at present, my partner is a student, and I have a child and my mum to support and sole responsibility for all the household bills - I'm not just being awkward) so need pointing to web resources or free ebooks for anything I need to study pronto, though a reading list I can keep in my pocket when I'm out at car boot sales and charity shops wouldn't go amiss.
    What is your learning style? (Do you need visual, just text, a mixture of both?) Visual. I can read and digest great reams of text, but visuals really do help it stick for me.
    What is your age? 36

I'd like to be called Isolde on here for now, by the way.

V Isolde x
    Last edited by Valkyrie Isolde; October 30th, 2011 at 02:59 PM.

I do have a mentor now who has contacted me by pm, thanks.

"Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for humans to live up to." - Alfred A.Montapert

"Something in my consciousness told me you'd appear, I am always touched by your presence dear. Floating past the evidence of possibilities, levitating lovers in a secret stratosphere." - Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie isolde View Post
    i do have a mentor now who has contacted me by pm, thanks.
    :o they do exist!