Thread: Reading under pressure

Reading under pressure

A little while ago someone posted in the Tarot forum about a website where you can earn money by doing readings. Whenever I do tarot readings for people on here or for my other friends or my family, 9 times out of 10 I get told that Iím very accurate. So I decided to apply for this site.

I got to the point where I did a test reading, and because I was being tested on my ability I just froze up. My mouth went dry, my stomach and solar plexus areas choked up, my hands were shaking and I couldnít relax and read the cards. I was just saying Ďso, um, yeah, and, ah, umí and just exited the program.

This has never happened to me when doing a reading but I couldnít deal with the fact that I was being judged on my performance.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to deal with this?

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Been there. I'm not on that site, I am on a different one though so I know how nerve wracking it can be. I just figure that really every reading you're being judged on. Even if it's not for a job. Every reading the person is evaluating your skills, so you just have to go on like it's just another reading. If it's meant to be it will work out.

Doing paid readings (like over the phone) always involves pressure since they are paying by the minute they want you to be fast fast fast and they fire 10 questions off at once and they are typically yes/no questions. It was an adjustment for me who likes to throw a lot of cards and explain them. But you adjust.
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

Thanks for the advice, Chaos Hawk. I've since had time to cool down and getting nervy under pressure is something I do a lot in most areas of my life. I have been improving heaps at that lately so I'll give it another crack later on down the track.

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Good luck to you!
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

The only way to dealm with this is through practice, unfortunately. Just as you had to practice to build up your skills and confidence when doing normal readings. Best of luck.