Thread: Tearing up when reading

Tearing up when reading

Lately when doing self readings I've started to tear up a bit in my left eye. It tends to happen when I'm shuffling the cards and focusing on my question. The stronger my emotional involvement in the question and the stronger my focus the more tears. I'm not crying or anything, it's like when you get a speck of dust in your eye, there's nothing emotional about the tears.

I'm not worried or concerned about it or anything, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

The cards are an exterior representation of the inner archetypes of the mind as iḿ sure you know. Allot of people take time to bond with their deck though simply using them creates a strong correspondence over time. For this reason many people are cautious about who they let touch their deck.

If you have unresolved emotions or constructs somewhere with your subconscious the cards may be bringing it to the surface and thats likely what it is if its not a neuromuscular thing which would mean it would happen with other objects as well as your cards.

The left side indicates the right lobe of the brain which is the abstract, emotional side which makes sense. There could also be some other correspondence though regarding that eye or side of the body in general.

Usually when one eye tears up the other will trigger but it all depends on how its being processed and the Tarot is very right brained.

I would try to find which cards bring out the emotion more. Also keep in ind which questions are the biggest triggers.

Meditation, especially guided and any kind of journey work will be beneficial.
    Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
    (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
    anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

It doesn't feel like an emotional reaction at all. I hadn't thought about the right side of the brain bit, but I reckon it may have something to do with that side of the brain being stimulated and the watery eye may just be a side effect of that. I usually close my eyes when shuffling my deck and really visualise my question, so maybe my body is reacting to the strong imagery by creating a reaction in the body part that usually deals with visuals? I'm just speculating as I don't know much about the way the brain works.