Thread: Baron Samedi Incense

Baron Samedi Incense

Hi,

I've been trying to find out what is in Baron Samedi Incense. I bought some from Panpipes Magickal Marketplace and I love the aroma of it. I would like to try create my own but I can't find any listings of herbs associated with him. The incense I have is very earthy and sweet smelling. It has a faint aroma of coffee. I've done numerous searches and can't find any info as to what herbs I should use.

Any one have any ideas on where I should look?

All I could find was this!

• 1/4 cup myrrh, benzoin, or almond resin tears or 1/8 cup powder
    • 1/2 cup sandalwood or aloeswood/agarwood/oudh chips or 1/4 cup powder
    • 1/4 cup chewing or hookah tobacco, preferably honey flavored
    • 1/2 cup roasted coffee beans or 1/4 cup coffee powder
    • 1 teaspoon cardamom unless the coffee already has it (it may be called “hel”)
    • 1/4 cup star anise or 1/8 cup powder
    • 1/4 cup cinnamon bark chips or 1/8 cup cinnamon powder
    • 1 heaping teaspoon clove powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • enough Elegua oil, added a few drops at a time, to make everything just a little “damp”
    • (optional) ground rooster leg bones if you can find them, and if not, large chicken bones

http://soulmindbody.net/esu/2010/09/esu/
    Last edited by Xanthippe; January 9th, 2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: copy pasted wrong thing!
    the older you get the less you know

Yeah I did come across that recipe....Is Elegua the same as Baron Samedi or are they two different Loas?

I think Elegua is different than Baron Samedi and the reason Elegua comes into play is you have to go through him to make contact with any other loas.

(This is based on slight knowledge of Voudou and Santeria. I may be wrong.)
    The Famous Mother Bombie's Book of Witchcraft and Cunning Magick for Fortune Telling, Herb Magick, Divination, Charms, Potions and Old-Time Spellcraft.

Anyone know any herbs associated with baron samedi so I can formulate my own incense recipe. I can't seem to find any herb associations with him. I've tried numerous searches on the net with no luck.

tobacco is associated with him , as is rum (could be used sparingly in an incense mix) , coffee ( so some ground coffee beans ) there must be haitian herbs associated with him. If you have a store bought incense mix which is not too finely ground you could perhaps see and or smell what they used to make their blend. Somewhere there might be recipes posted online. Specific voodoo forums might know. The site www.alchemy-works.com has a lot of incense blends the owner Harold you could email him asking.
    On his website is a link to a blog about his garden. The folks who sell on www.etsy.com sometimes state part of the herbs they use for their incense , so if anyone sells that blend useful info might be found. Over on amazon the voodoo books might have a search-this-book feature and you can view pages specific to this incense. Well hope this helps.

not an incense but an anointing oil which mentions the ingredients used www.erzulies.com/site/catalog/product/5031

did you make any incense ?