Thread: Who here likes Ghost Adventures?

Thumbs up Who here likes Ghost Adventures?

Me and my daughter watch this religiously every friday and saturday night. Seems legit. Zak's hot and so is Nick (but he's married). Aaron is so funny and cluzty. So much better than Ghost Hunters. At least these investigator's are always pumped and enthusiastic and go the extra mile. Even if it's just for our entertainment. You can also catch Extra youtube vids, like Aarons Vlog, they do in between filming on their down time. If you've never heard or seen this show it's onthe Travel and Escape network.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0JxqRrRR0

I like watching it and Paranormal State. I think they try very hard to use newer technology and take their stuff to others to make sure they are being objective. I lived in a house with a very active ghost. It's fun to watch.

I find the show a bit over the top. Especially in recent episodes, when they let Zak take more of a hand in writing....to call it "purple prose" is something of an understatement.
    Plus Zak is constantly flexing every time the camera is on him. "LOOK AT MY MANLY MUSCLES!"
    I do prefer it to "Ghost Hunters", which I think uses a bit of fakery. I liked "Extreme Paranormal" but that went off the air pretty quickly.
    "I believe in peace, bitch."
    - Tori Amos

"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here."
    - Tool

Once I got over the eye candy - I found that Ghost Adventures really didn't really bring anything good to the table. Zak is suffering from ADHD and totally needs to be medicated. If anything, he has hurt the paranormal community with his shenanigans. I prefer Ghost Hunters...even though my eight year old gets upset that they don't find anything.

Reality sucks.
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Is Ghost Lab still on? (I don't have cable...). I filmed the sort-of pilot with those guys. It was sooo weird being on that side of events. I was either concentrating way to hard on getting a good shot, or they were completely making up everything they heard/saw. It was in possibly the most haunted-type house I've ever been in (Myrtle's Plantation) and I was really ready to be scared or something. But nope, nada, nothing! They did have all sorts of experiences though...

The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

I love Ghost Adventures. Totally agree with Zak being eye candy. I don't know, though...I'm always amused by his slightly egotistical, ADHA personality. Maybe it just makes for good television.

I never could get into Ghost Hunters. They seem too fake, and the people annoy the heck out of me.

I watch Ghost Adventures for laughs if nothing else is on and I want some background noise. It's so over the top and they freak out over every little thing. I used to watch Ghost Hunters but the faking got pretty obvious as the show got older. I pretty much assume most of these shows are for entertainment first most and probably shouldn't be taken too seriously as paranormal investigation (one is even on the Science Fiction channel ).

GH people are annoying. Especailly when they just sit and look and sound bored.
    I noticed that later in the season on GA that Zak seems to be taking in way too much sun. He looks like he's older. And some episodes it looks like hes wearing light colored lip balm.

I watch it when it lookes interesting or a haunting that I like. I've noticed they seem over the top for me sometimes but it's awesome to watch late at night and during Halloween. Grave Encounters reminds me of the series, it's a horror movie that came out during Halloween, you should check it out!

Be Gentle With The Earth

I watch it when I find it on. I do prefer GH or GHI. I always take these shows with a grain of salt and treat them all as entertainment. For some time my family did ghost hunt as a hobby and the stuff we got is the only proof I need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]