Thread: Really vivid really weird dream - Grizzly, Coyote, And my new posession

Really vivid really weird dream - Grizzly, Coyote, And my new posession

I had this really long involved dream today (right before I woke) and I don't remember the first half but the second half was super vivid and I can't figure out what it meant.

I was in a cabin in this really snowy, woodsy area (I keep thinking it might have been Alaska, though I've never been there) and there was a cat on the front porch.
    I saw through a screen door that either a small wolf or what I think was my brain's idea of a coyote was menacing it. So I took a shotgun and opened the screen. I let the cat back in the cabin and faced off with the coyote. As it ran away, I got attacked from behind. I found myself struggling with a grizzly bear, trying to force it's head up so that it could not bite me. As I struggled and tried to scream, an old heavyset man came out of the cabin and shot a round off a shotgun, causing the bear to panic and climb up into a tree. There were two other men there, evil men, and they were using the coyote and the bear to help them hunt.
    The old man said "I'll take care of these" and he strung one of the men into a net up a tree. I believe he was going to shoot both the men and their animals.
    I remember staring at my left thumb, (my dominant hand) that the nail was bloodied and turning black and that I was worried it would fall off. And I was screaming "Who in the HELL HUNTS WITH A GRIZZLY BEAR?!?!" right as I woke.

The only thing that I gather from the dream was this: A few weeks ago I came into possession of a coyote skull. It's in a wooden and glass box. Obviously, that thing needs to be cleansed and apologized to for however it died and ended up with its skull in a box.
    Any other meaning, I am stumped on.
    Does anyone have ANY ideas?
    "I believe in peace, bitch."
    - Tori Amos

"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here."
    - Tool

Did you eat nuts or any kind of nut products before you went to sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by )O( ~ Khara~ )O( View Post
    No, nothing like that. Why do you ask?
    - Tori Amos

"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here."
    - Tool

Quote Originally Posted by )O( ~ Khara~ )O( View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinthemoon View Post
    No, nothing like that. Why do you ask?
    Because nuts can cause bizarre dreams that have zero meaning.

Good to know.
    Maybe it was the junk food.....
    My SO is of the opinion it was of no meaning as well, but it was just so darn VIVID...
    - Tori Amos

- Tool