Thread: Too scared to try - abilities?

Unhappy Too scared to try - abilities?

I'm a bit of a complicated person...

I've wondered now for a long time if I have intuitive abilities, or even physic abilities that I've been suppressing. Ever since I can remember I've been afraid of the dark, and deathly afraid of ghosts. I'm still a fairly new pagan and there are a lot of subjects that I'm vaguely familiar with but have yet to determine my beliefs on. I'm very stubborn... I dont like to believe in something just because someone like me says its so. I have to come to my own conclusions, usually through experience. I've also long thought that I am sensitive. Many times I'll go or be somewhere and I get feelings, usually of dread. I'm very paranoid (no psychosis as far as I know), especially when its dark. If I start to think that there could be someone behind me, or something could be there, I have a very hard time dealing with it, and I've chucked most of it up to simply being afraid and paranoid and all of it being in my head. Now I start to wonder if that's not necessarily the case.

I think I'm rambling a little bit.... this all started by watching a tv show about psychic kids and teaching them to be confident in their abilities and learn from them. One show recently, there was a girl who was supposedly a very gifted energy healer. Something was troubling her, stalking her, and she was screaming for it to leave. I remember instantly sobbing, as if I felt her energy through the tv. Thought it was odd.... Then I watch it today and they're trying to determine the name of a little girl who haunts a building. I guessed her name before anyone else did... Sarah. Now, its a common name, especially for a century or two ago, and it could be very coincidental, but I didnt feel like it was. They were also talking about spirit guides and how one of the girls felt a constant presence that she was fearful of, and it turned out to only be her spirit guide. I often feel paranoid that there is someone around, watching me, and I wonder if it could also be the case.

Feeling braver now than I normally feel and I would like to probe it a bit, and normally the best way to contact a spirit guide is through meditation. However, I'm too afraid to. Every time I've ever tried to meditate, I cant let go enough because I'm too afraid that something will happen. I am afraid of possession, but more strongly I'm afraid that I will experience something. I dont know how to overcome this, and I dont know how to know if I have abilities or not. There was a woman I once thought of as a mentor in rune casting and I asked once if I had intuitive abilities, and all the runes came up with an astounding YES. But how far does that go? Would i be good with runes, and that be the limit of my abilities? I have no way of knowing

And even now as I'm typing about this I'm becoming afraid and looking over my shoulder. I dont know what to do and I dont know how much I can be helped through the forums, but maybe someone has some advice for me. I feel like, if I knew I had abilities, or if I knew how to contact my spirit guide (I'm still even a little unsure they exist) maybe I would feel more comfortable and begin to feel comfortable in my skin and in my environment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please check out my artwork on DeviantART

getting to the point lately where I'm terrified to go to sleep and I've been having horrendous nightmares of ghosts who want to prove to me that I dont have power over them........

would really love if I could get some advice or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In my experience, 'other worldly beings' or spirits, or what have you, are attracted to people who have any kind of witchy abilities. I know this from personal experience as I have been attacked by entities, in and outside of dreams, and have seen things standing over me while awake in bed. Talk about scared! Well, If the ghosts or entities are attacking you, it is probably because you are awakening your 'abilities', and they may be frightened. I cant exactly say WHY, except that the supernatural are always drawn to people like us, for good or bad. I think that is why when people dabble and have any ability, it bites them in the a$$ because they dont know how to channel the ability they have, and are easily targeted.

I suggest for you shielding, and meditation on what your ability/s may be, and why things may be targeting you. Stand up for yourself against them and let them know you are not a weak being for them to screw with. For the shielding, just strongly visualize a bubble like shield around you that is impenetrable (sp?) by anything, and feel confident and focus. When you go to bed take a few deep breaths, shield, and say something like 'you have no power over me'. and mean it when you say it. I hope this helps!

ALSO! Get some sea salt, and sprinkle it into the 4 corners of your room with an open window, and door closed. That MIGHT help. Worth a shot, its what I have done before.

Sea salt is good, and smudging with sage is protective, too. I like to work with the angels, and Michael is very protective with his large sword.

I'm an empath, and until I realized it and learned to shield, I had a terrible time with outside influences. Lots of them are attracted to empaths. Now it's gotten much easier.

I’ve had an occasion where I’ve woken up in bed and felt I was being attacked. (I can’t explain specifically how I was being attacked; just that something was attacking me.) I dealt with it by imagining I was wearing a suit of golden armour that nothing could penetrate and within seconds the attack stopped.

Whenever I feel an uncomfortable presence, whether it be an actual person or something I can’t see, I put on my suit of armour and within seconds I always feel better.

Maybe this would help you, too.

thanks for the advice everyone. Last night I came to a Spirit Circle meeting that happens near me every wednesday and they were all very open and responsive to my problems. They definitely agree that I'm sensitive and intuitive in the very least and they firmly believe my apartment may have some portals and my fears and opening me up for attack. They've also said they feel like something happened to me in a past life that has since scared the @#$% out of me, and I feel like I agree. They're coming saturday to cleanse my apartment and they're all so willing to help me learn to cope with what's going on. I feel like I finally have a good starting point with which to work and that, if I can just put my faith in it, the cleansing will be extremely beneficial.

I appreciate all your help, and I think I'm in good hands now. Great to know I have two wonderful communities for such excellent support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It sounds like you've found some good help. As everyone else has said you should also work on meditation and visualization to protect yourself. When I first started I would just imagine myself in a large reflective white bubble of light. And a bundle of sage to remove all negativity never hurts either!.
    Good luck to you!
    blessings
    daphnerose