Thread: LIVE -- Spring '12 Header Competition

LIVE -- Spring '12 Header Competition

PLEASE READ THE SUBMISSION DETAILS BELOW.

I will be leaving this thread open for questions, but not for entries.

Everyone is free to submit a header! We do this occasionally, new folks out there. We change the look of the site, color-wise, based on the new header that is voted on by YOU. A header is that graphic up there at the top of the page. It's a tradition, so if you can...get involved. That's what this community is all about.

Due to the MWMail option being down currently, you may submit your entries via PM using an offsite host, such as Photobucket, ImageShack or Tinypic.com

Or, you may PM me (Agaliha) or e-mail me at agaliha.mysticwicks [at] gmail [dot] com
    If you should choose to email it, please remember to include your MW username in the e-mail somewhere! I will be responding to your message via e-mail when I receive your entry. If you do not receive confirmation, please resend or let me know on MW, via PM or visitor messages (my karma system is messed up, so might not see any messages that way).

Do not share your header with anyone prior to the end of the voting session. This will be entirely anonymous as to who entered which header. When the winner is chosen by votes, those that want to reveal their submission can do so.

IMPORTANT CHANGE for this COMPETITION.

It looks like the winner is Spring!

After reading AeonFlux's comment about the Southern Hemisphere, and because Spirals was only 1 behind (it was the lead in the beginning), I'm going to allow something different.

Spring will be the main theme as it is the winner, but spirals will be allowed as well. Here's the catch, if you want to submit a spiral header, you must also submit a spring one. This will allow for the winning theme to have representation, but also give an alternative. This is the only way that'd make it fair.

Also, because so few people may actually participate and make a header, hopefully allowing this option will produce more results and more choices to vote on. I know 16 people voted, but only 5-6 people committed in the previous thread. I'd love to have all 16 people submit headers, but since that didn't happen last time*, I'm thinking it might not happen this time. This will hopefully give everyone more options.

*Last time 38 people voted and only 5 (inducing myself!) actually made one. This is why I'm allowing for a runner-up theme.

So while you're creating your spring themed header, if you want to make another one (spirals) go for it! The more the merrier.

For for those that only wanted spirals, sorry to make you make a spring one, but as I said, this is the only way to make it fair. At the most there will be equal representation for both, but I'm going to guess that spring will have more. I guess we'll see!

So to summarize:
    The winner is SPRING.
    Everyone that wants to submit a header must make it for SPRING.

Those that want to submit another header, can do so for SPIRALS, but only if they've already made a header for SPRING.
    People don't have to summit a SPIRALS header, it's an option.

http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?263888-Header-contest-theme-vote-here!&p=4685466#post4685466

Deadline: March 6, 2012 (2 weeks)
    Title: Mystic Wicks (it's not necessary to add "Pagan Community and Spiritual Sanctuary")
    Dimensions: width 950 x height 120
    No more MENUS. Just make a header!
    Theme: Spring
    Everyone that wants to submit a header must make it for SPRING.
    Those that want to submit another header, can do so for SPIRALS, but only if they've already made a header for SPRING.
    People don't have to summit a SPIRALS header, it's an option.

For those unsure what is meant by the themes (these are just ideas, not what you HAVE to include):
    Spring: meadows, flowers blooming, young animals, melting snow, etc
    Spirals: staircases, snails, shells, fern shoots, coiled snakes, DNA, spiral galaxies, labyrinths, etc

Keep in mind the PG nature of the site.

IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES ABOVE. YOU WON'T BE INCLUDED IN THE VOTE.

Red (as a primary color) is not allowed! And be mindful of your use of color because that is what we'll have to go by to create the color scheme. Extremely bright colors can hurt people's eyes. Pink is finally being allowed as a color scheme.

Also, please make sure your fonts are readable.
    And make sure your header is of these formats:
    JPG, GIF or PNG

Most of all, have fun with it!

If you have any questions, please ask!

Submission count:
    Spring: 3 (possibly 4)
    Spirals: 2
    Last edited by Agaliha; March 5th, 2012 at 03:12 AM.

Bumping in case people missed this thread!

No entries have been submitted yet!

We have 4 Spring and 1 Spiral submissions!

If anyone wants to submit, please do!
    Submissions close of the 6th! That's less than a week away.
    Those that submitted a Spring header already, try making a Spirals.

Only 3 days left!
    We only have 4 entries-- 5 if I have one re-sent to me in time.

Please, try to make one and send it in by the 6th!

Well, nothing new.
    Just wanted to remind people that submissions end Midnight* on the 6th!
    As it stands we only have 4 entries

*US, Pacific Standard Time.

We now have 2 spirals!
    That makes a total of 5 guaranteed entries (& possibly one more).

Submissions closed!
    We have 3 Spring and 2 Spirals.
    I will up the voting thread up sometime today!