Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Santeria Palos

Good morning , hope your book arrives soon enjoy the reading. Mild spring weather today. Have a nice day.

So my book arrived and it has no index, which is unfortunate. It goes from A-Z, but is only 214 pages. It doesn't list the palos I need yet, so I will have to keep looking. It has Palo Manga Sayas in it, but no latin name is given to confirm what I found. Someone did email me a pdf file of the book and I have been searching that way too.

It is a good reference book though. I'm still happy with it.

hello
    glad to hear you got your book , reference books are always useful to have in your collection.
    I just found your message as I was away from the pc many days. The weather here is quite cold 7C , I have some seedlings of herbs but with this cold weather they stopped growing.
    You could make your own index for the book sort of separate list what to find on which page. Also online somewhere there must be lists of folk names of trees , shrubs etc .
    Take care and greetings.

off-topic question : are you near lake Louise or have you visited that area ?
    Last edited by Morganite9Violet; April 17th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

Yes, reference books are always good to have. I printed some info off and I'm starting to put it in a binder for my own reference.

I'm in Saskatchewan, so one province east of Alberta, where Lake Louise is. I went to Banff and Lake Louise last summer for the first time. It's very beautiful there. Calgary is about a 5 hour drive from Saskatoon, where I live and Banff isn't too far from Calgary. I think it's less than an hour drive. I would definitely go back as there is lots to see. I would like to go back and see the "ink pots". Did a lot of hiking on the trails and there is lot of great scenery.

Weather here as been very strange. It was getting to 18C, but not it down to highs of 6C. Had snow on sunday, today and they are calling for more snow on Friday.

I started some seeds indoors and I can't wait till I can put the pots outside. I started white sage, dragon's head, yarrow, eastern redbud and I'm trying to start witch hazel. I bought some trillium erectum (bethroot) and trillium grandiflorum (lo-john) bulbs and I can't wait to start them.

hello
    I read information about your city Saskatoon online and then I found some photos and youtube videos about the ink pots in Lake Louise lovely scenery and views , interesting reading about the 7 mineral springs. I have since start of spring a photo of lake Louise as a screensaver on my pc and was looking once again at Banff national park last month. Some years ago I was also viewing that area. Hope for you that you visit the area again and go see the ink pots. The water might be interesting to bring back.

hello
    found a site which goes from scientific names and when you click on a factsheet of a name it mentions all the common names according to countries where the tree/shrub/plant/herb grows.
    www.tropicalforages.info/index.htm see the factsheets
    There are some webshops who sell exotic seeds and tropical seeds.
    The ojancho is a tree growing in Santo Domingo/ the dominican republic I found it mentioned in a blog also and in a document of 1870 in old spanish. Someone mentions it growing near helecho and liquidambar/sweet gum. Liquidambar is a scented tree.
    Ojancho is also a place in Honduras so google searches including the place instead of the tree. I found the botany garden in Sto Domingo but do not see their email.
    Shot in the dark but perhaps if you contact Canadian forestry services they might know about foreign trees or at least have some info. I looked at smithsonian edu and harvard edu and many arboretums online.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4