Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Migraine

Migraine

This is the 10th day of my migraine. Usually as long as i watch what I eat I only get one or 2 a year and they're pretty controlable with excedrin migraine or at worst imitrex. I have taken 6 imitrex shots in the last few days, been in the ER and to the dr. My BP has been really high and the dr is not sure if the bp is causing the migraine or the migraine is causing the high bp. I was supposed to get my bp checked today but since i still have this headache there's little point. I can't drive, I can barely function. I know my dr said she was going to refer me to a neurologist this week, but I'm scared.

Sometimes I think I live in the dance studio.
    *hugs*

I'm glad that you've been referred to a neurologist. At the very least you may be able to get some more in-depth answers about your condition. I wish you all the best.

Try some lavender incense or burning some lavender oil.... this helps with migraine relief I've found in the past.... plus I hope that the neurologist can give you answers you are looking for and need .... sending positive energy your way....

*hugs* You have my thoughts and prayers with you. My migraines are how they discovered that I have MS, so I hope it is nothing serious.
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle - as old and as true as the Sky. And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

ty. It's been 3 weeks right now. They found a med that makes it better, but it triggers the fibro. I have an appt with the neurologist April 13th... friday the 13th. Ugh. Just trying to hang in there for now.

Oh wow! I'm truley sorry! I deal with a lot of headaches too but don't have them for days. My thoughts are with you and I hope things get better for you. Keep us posted on how your doing! :hugs:
    Last edited by MoonAmethyst; March 31st, 2012 at 01:30 PM.

Be Gentle With The Earth

I hope things will go well with the neurologist and you'll find a solution that works well, and that it's nothing to serious. *hugs*
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

is offline Learning from Lifes Constant Lessons....
    I hope they get better for you. When I was in my twenties, I tried a new birthcontrol method at the time (depo vera shots) and they were giving my horrible migraines that would land me in the ER or in bed. Have you changed your birthcontrol method, started any new medications? If so that could be a possibility. If not, I hope they find out what the cause is ASAP so you can find relief.

update. I spent about 3 days in the hospital last month. They did an mri and echocardiagram and brain and heart are healthy (aside from a small harmless brain tumor that he said was unrelated). At that point I realized I had my period for the 3rd time in about 4 weeks. I was on the pill where you're only supposed to get it 4 times a year. Convinced the neurologist that a hot bath and some sleep (neither of which I could get in the hospital mainly cause the neurologist wouldn't give me anything, including tylenol for pain, or anything to sleep) would do me more good than more tests and DHE. Saw my family dr the next day and she agreed that it was hormonal. She decided to put me on the Depo shot because I've been on that before and didn't get a period at all. Unfortunately that's not the way it worked out this time. I've been bleeding for I think almost 3 weeks now and migraines continue though they do come and go now and aren't constant. Thank the gods for small favors I suppose. However.... TMI GUYS..... my flow is black and stringy and disturbing. So I'm headed to a gynecologist Tuesday to try to figure out whats going on. Really scared that I will need a hysterectomy to fix this. All the women in my biological mother's family have had them in their 30's though I am a bit younger than most.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast