Thread: mysterious dream..

Talking mysterious dream..

Hello

Last night I had a dream that I was reviving a dead crow. People were trying to distract me from my purpose with all kinds of things. But I revived it anyway, with only water and persistence... :P

Your theories on what this means are welcome.
    Last edited by Louisa; March 25th, 2012 at 09:02 PM.

That's an interesting dream! Ravens are symbols of the dead and death, as well as being messengers. A lot of warrior Gods have ravens as their symbols. Maybe you are "fighting the good battle" and finally winning, despite what others say? Or perhaps you're reviving a source of power within yourself. Something along those lines.

Just want to point out that Crows are not Ravens even though they are in the same family of birds. Yet Crow, Raven and Black Bird are commonly mistaken for one another unless one really knows the difference between them or see's them together and cane see size differences. To assume they mean the same is to not understand thier functions.

You do have two elements here though, crow who is a carrion eater and transmutates death into life. You also have water which in most ways is seen as the source of life in raw form. You also have transmutation and transformation taking place which shows a sense of patience and determination. Your whole drean having a strong element of changing ones life and doing so as you ignore the influence and distractions of those about you who otherwise would impeed your change. A change that could indicate the death of one facet and the birthing of something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa View Post
    Hello

Last night I had a dream that I was reviving a dead crow. People were trying to distract me from my purpose with all kinds of things. But I revived it anyway, with only water and persistence... :P

Your theories on what this means are welcome.
    Without knowing what you associate crows with, it's difficult to make guess, but, assuming you don't relate them to a deity or something spiritual, here's my impression:

The crow represents a part of your life or yourself that is misunderstood and/or generally not approved of by others or maybe yourself. Since it was dead, that would lead me to think it was something you tried before, but were unsuccessful with or maybe it was just something you stopped doing for whatever reason. You are bringing about changes in yourself or your life despite the interference of others. I think the people interfering simply represent people interfering in your life. It might be helpful to try to recall what they looked like or said to give your a better idea of your opposition in the future.
    "Bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble, the sheep in the fields, the cow in the corn."
    "The past is like a fish. You can't change it."

Check out my shop on Etsy:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HoodedCrowCrafts?ref=si_shop