Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New themes/skins & header is Live!

I'm not much for loud colors so will be staying with the old one. This new one assualts the eyes for me. In truth if there was no other option then i'd be stopping in coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Twig View Post
    Right On Mol!! Great choice of colors.

Peace,
    Twig
    Glad you liked it
    I actually made this one. First time too. I made a less colorful version too. See: New themes/skins & header is Live!

Quote Originally Posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
    I'm not much for loud colors so will be staying with the old one. This new one assualts the eyes for me. In truth if there was no other option then i'd be stopping in coming here.
    Wow. Stop coming here because of a theme? That's...harsh.
    I guess I can't please everyone.

I chose yellows and warm colors that weren't too loud. On 2 of my 3 monitors they're more pale. Are they too bright?
    There is another option with the new header -- Spring2012Other. It's on the drop-down list. It has white background.
    Last edited by Agaliha; March 29th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Is it that bad? I can scrap this and try again. I would love for people to use this as their theme and not the older one. That was the whole point it going through the header contest, the voting and this. For people to use it.

What color scheme would make you all happy? I tried it with a magenta/red/pink and that was too loud. I tried it with greens and that was too weird. What color should I try-- any suggestion? I could have the background black, but someone complained they were worried this header would lead to a theme that was too dark. So...?

Or should I scrap the idea of having a colorful theme like the old-times and go with the white with a dash of color?

Suggestions welcome!
    Last edited by Agaliha; March 29th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

People have different tastes and color sensitivity, so I don't think there will be one theme that everyone will like. Offering choices like you have done is the way to go IMO. I prefer medium skins, not light, and not dark. Even though I don't care for the white background, I'm using the previous skin because I like the jewel tones in the logo/banner or whatever you call it. The new skin was too bright, and I didn't like the new logo/banner/whatever as much as the previous one.

I understand I can't please everyone and I understand that people will have their opinions.
    I'm not saying people can't not like it.
    I hated the red one we had long ago.

I just want to find the theme/colors that would please the most people. Long ago, we had over 100 plus members on daily, if 25% of them didn't like the theme it wasn't that big of a deal, but now with so little members (sometimes only 20-ish are on daily), having 25% or more not like it is a bigger deal. Of the people that have feedback, about 50% don't like it. That's not acceptable to me, I want something that more people will use and enjoy.

As for the header, only 4 or 5 people made them and more than that voted for this current one. So, people apparently liked it. The issue now is to find a colorful theme that people will enjoy and use over the old default. The color scheme on the old theme is non-existent -- it's the vBulletin default with a header added. I wanted to make something newer and more colorful.

So while I understand some might not like the header, those that do or don't mind it and the only thing standing in the way of using the new skins in the color scheme, I'd like for them to give me some suggestions for the overall color scheme.
    Blues? Greens? Purples? Etc.

That's all I'm asking
    Last edited by Agaliha; March 29th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

Also, if you haven't saw it, please view Spring2012Other to see if that is more to your liking. It has a white background with some coloring accents. You can find it on the drop down at the bottom of the screen, on the left.

I'm going to fiddle around with the style generator. If I make more versions -- with cool colors, etc -- people can let me know which one they like the best out of all the colorful ones and that can become the default for the forum. How's that?

Okay! Just made a new one with cooler colors. It looks good on my monitors.
    Is this better?

I made it the default for the forum so people can see it. If you changed your skin options in your CP you might not see it. Please go to the drop-down menu at the bottom left of the window and click on Spring2012Cool and let me know your thoughts.

The warmer one will still be there for people to use if they wish. I'm not going to delete it.
    Last edited by Agaliha; March 29th, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    Gah... maybe we should make some sample color strips, huh? "Here is a green one and here is a blue one, here they are in the dark, medium and light shades. Have at it."

*rolls eyes*
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

I'm going to take a step back from editing/making any new themes until I get feedback.
    I've never done this before, but I'm the only one available...so I'm trying to do my best

The default skin is the first thing people see and I want something that is appealing not only to the majority of our members, but also new members. With so few members active anymore, their opinions carry more weight...For example, 10 out of 20 active members (which is about what we have, sometimes less as many of the people "online" are registering spammers), is 50% of the membership.

I want people to like the colors, not be turned away by them. Which is why I'm trying to find a happy medium for people.
    Last edited by Agaliha; March 29th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast