Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New themes/skins & header is Live!

It's a great effort and you're to be commended for it. I have some pages of my own and I know what a tedious pain this kind of work can be. As I mentioned, the new default was a bit loud for my tastes, but I did hope for that comment to be useful to you, and the last thing I wanted is for my comments to be discouraging.
    Last edited by R. Eugene Laughlin; March 29th, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
    Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth
    http://neuromagick.com/
    http://progressivepagan.org/

Quote Originally Posted by R. Eugene Laughlin View Post
    It's a great effort and you're to be commended for it. I have some pages of my own and I know what a tedious pain this kind of work can be. As I mentioned, the new default was a bit loud for my tastes, but I did hope for that comment to be useful to you, and the last thing I wanted is for my comments to be discouraging.

}>
    Have you seen the new one I just made? Spring2012Cool? It's not yellow

No, I'm glad you commented. I want people to be honest.

I just want people to understand that I'm trying my best, not only with the creation of the themes, but in dealing with the membership and everything else. Many of the Admins have been gone, so a lot of shit I'm having to take over (whether I want to deal with them or not). It can get tiring and yes, sometimes reading things like this is discouraging and I think, WTF am I even trying or putting so much effort into things, but in the end I want to be positive, which is why I'm was willing to hear suggestions and work with people.

I hope perhaps those that didn't like the warmer/yellow theme might like this one. It's cooler colors. Similar to the colors in the older header.

Some of the colors are out of my hands as there's a generator that comes up with a lot of them. For some things you can only lighten or darken them. And I'm not skilled enough to do anything more complicated.

Anyway... thank you for your comments. I do appreciate them.
    Last edited by Agaliha; March 29th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agaliha View Post
    Wow. Stop coming here because of a theme? That's...harsh.
    I guess I can't please everyone.

I chose yellows and warm colors that weren't too loud. On 2 of my 3 monitors they're more pale. Are they too bright?
    There is another option with the new header -- Spring2012Other. It's on the drop-down list. It has white background.
    But its not harsh its realility. If I find a place distasteful because it causes me displeasure and discomfort why should I continue to go there? It's all about color coordination and usage, something that goes back to basic usage. A store that is painted red offends and hurts the eyes and causes psychological anger and increases displeasure. Its one reason no store would do such for they would find themselves going out of business.

In many ways the neon colors or bright colors are bother some to me and simply aggitate me. Not much different than all those earlier sites with the neon purples and dark colors with thier flashy and glittery banners. Then to have it on every page simply removes any benefit one might have gotten versus the discomfort they experience. My self I find earth tones to be pleaseant and encouring me to stay. Neon's and bright yellows, reds, lavenders and such simply put me off and the affront to my eyes is not worth the discomfort to stay or visit it.

Those colors in moderation or mixed in to blend with the full color scale is not so bad. By themselves to me they just make me want to leave and go elsewhere. Splash those same colors upon a canvas of autum leaves with equal browns, greens and such then they are balanced and present harmony to me. BY themselves they simply show discourse and make my eyes hurt.

edited to add:

I do want to state I do appreciate your time and effort in this and want to commend you on that. I would never detract from or belittle a person who cares so much and is trying to make it better for everyone. SO in that regard thank you for taking the time to create it and try to make things better for everyone.
    Last edited by monsnoleedra; March 29th, 2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling and addition

Thanks for expanding on that. That makes more sense. I didn't think of colors affecting people in that way. I was just trying to aim for warm colors that evoked summer, sunny, sand, etc. I hope you have an opportunity to check out the new, cooler colors -- Spring2012Cool as it's not as loud, at least not on my newer and older monitors. It's also not yellow You can always use the old theme, though. But I understand your view now that you expanded. Before it just sounded like you didn't like it and therefore wouldn't come because of that, which sounded weird to me, to be honest. This makes more sense!

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.

I just want people to understand that I'm trying my best, not only with the creation of the themes, but in dealing with the membership and everything else. Many of the Admins have been gone, so a lot of shit I'm having to take over (whether I want to deal with them or not). It can get tiring and yes, sometimes reading things like this is discouraging and I think, WTF am I even trying or putting so much effort into things, but in the end I want to be positive, which is why I'm was willing to hear suggestions and work with people.
    Then the ones who can't come back should step down temporarily and the ones who can't be bothered to help out needs a swift kick in the beehind and told to get to work. This sis so wrong. And you're working your butt of for us! *hugs*
    Last edited by Aeon Flux; March 29th, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Spring2012other is not so bad. The dark orange framing and such doesn't quite punch you in the face the way the Spring 2012 colorful does. Though I admit it makes me think more of Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie than summer with its greens and color pallet washed across everything.

Have you seen the new one I just made? Spring2012Cool? It's not yellow
    That option doesn't appear; just Spring2012Other, the new yellow one and the two defaults. I like Spring2012Other even less than the new one since I don't care for orange. Since you asked, my first choice would be the original teal and purple header (I love that!) with a medium blue or gray background, not boring white. Teal color accents would be nice, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwitch View Post
    That option doesn't appear; just Spring2012Other, the new yellow one and the two defaults. I like Spring2012Other even less than the new one since I don't care for orange. Since you asked, my first choice would be the original teal and purple header (I love that!) with a medium blue or gray background, not boring white. Teal color accents would be nice, too.
    It's there. It's the 3rd choice, under Spring2012Other.
    It's blue, teal, purple, etc.

You might have forced another skin in your options, which might be overriding things.
    Go to the bottom of this page, left side, to the drop down. It should be listed.
    Spring2012Cool.
    Last edited by Agaliha; March 29th, 2012 at 07:09 PM.

nice going Agahila. i haven't seen this many colors on MW in years.

also having a variety helps. the more you have the better
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

It's there. It's the 3rd choice, under Spring2012Other.
    It's blue, teal, purple, etc.

You might have forced another skin in your options, which might be overriding things.
    Go to the bottom of this page, left side, to the drop down. It should be listed.
    Spring2012Cool.
    OK, I see it. It wasn't there earlier, I swear. I like it a lot! It's easier on the eyes than the spring ones with the bright yellow and orange. Can you add an option with that skin and the original teal and purple header? (Can you tell I really like that header, hehe?)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast