Thread: Holy Weekend ~ Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday

Holy Weekend ~ Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday

Blessed Good Friday everyone.

Today is one of the most holy days of the year of the Christian holy days... It marks the day that Christ was crucified on the cross and died for Christianity's sins.

I was wondering if anyone had any rituals planned for today, tomorrow or on Sunday (Easter). I'm going to be lighting a candle or two and saying some prayers tonight. I'm not sure what's happening over the rest of the weekend, it all depends on what's going on after my husband gets off of work on Sunday.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

is offline Learning from Lifes Constant Lessons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloaked Raven View Post
    Blessed Good Friday everyone.

Today is one of the most holy days of the year of the Christian holy days... It marks the day that Christ was crucified on the cross and died for Christianity's sins.

I was wondering if anyone had any rituals planned for today, tomorrow or on Sunday (Easter). I'm going to be lighting a candle or two and saying some prayers tonight. I'm not sure what's happening over the rest of the weekend, it all depends on what's going on after my husband gets off of work on Sunday.
    Blessed Good Friday to you and yours......

I always light some candles, incense, smudge (today) and say prayers every day this weekend. It will be a busy day for me as I always plant a lily on this day in memory of my grandparents (it was one of their favorite holiday), color easter eggs with my S.son, will be planting seeds inside, cooking a large Catholic seafood dinner for my husband and son with some of my "special" touches to honor the mixture of my beliefs as well. Easter Sunday, my S.son will have his Easter egg hunt and I will be cooking a large traditional Easter dinner for family and friends.

On another note, I was told by my mother that today is to be a very special day because both the sun and full moon will be meeting. As the sun goes down, the full moon will be going up. Causing them to meet, that today there should not be any darkness......

Yes, the Easter Moon is full. And there, we see the origin of the Easter Bunny.

I'm doing the usual candles, incense, and prayers. Not entirely sure at this point what the plans for Easter Sunday are, yet. There are a few possiblilities, but none are definite.

Well, it's been a quiet Easter here for us so far at the Cloaky household... Hubby is at work but Son discovered his Easter basket right after we got up and he's been ultra happy and somewhat hyper since he found it... I'm half expecting him and the cats to have the house wrecked by the time Hubby gets home a little after 3 this afternoon!

We're not going anywhere today but we're talking about going to see my husband's mother and youngest brother tomorrow evening for a while. Mamma has something for the little guy and we haven't been down there in a few weeks, it's time to go see them!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it!
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017