Thread: Praying towards the East

Smile Praying towards the East

Does anyone here incorporate this practice into their path? The Eastern Christians always pray facing the East, since that is where they believe a number of things happen/are: Eden, facing Christ who was crucified in the west, facing Jerusalem in hopes of the New Jerusalem, looking towards the second coming...and so forth.

It's an interesting practice in my view. Just wondering!
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudior View Post
    Does anyone here incorporate this practice into their path? The Eastern Christians always pray facing the East, since that is where they believe a number of things happen/are: Eden, facing Christ who was crucified in the west, facing Jerusalem in hopes of the New Jerusalem, looking towards the second coming...and so forth.

It's an interesting practice in my view. Just wondering!

Hello. I'm sorry that it took a few years for me to answer this but I think it's kind of a cool idea.
    HI GUYS!

*FORUM GUIDE MODE*

Moved to Abrahamic Faiths because it involves more general discussion for all paths included in Abrahamic Faiths, not just Christo Paganism.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

i dont always pray facing east but my altar is facing east. i usually try to have altars facing east because of Jewish and Christian tradition.
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.