Thread: How does one protect themself from a curse or break one????

is offline Learning from Lifes Constant Lessons....

Question How does one protect themself from a curse or break one????

How can a person protect themselve from future curses and how can you break one that is already in place? I firmly believe that with all the bad luck we have encountered in the last 6 years that my husband's ex or her mother has placed a curse on us. I know that her mother practices Santeria as my husband found some books in the attic in their old house. I have been feverishly placing salt around the house ever two months, brick dust and black salt at all enterances of our yard and house, and smudge the house once a month. We even did a witches bottle. We are still encountering bad luck but I have noticed that it has been subsiding since I have been doing these things frequently. I also noticed that ever since I stepped up the efforts on protecting our house and ourselves, she and her mother have been becoming ill without known causes- almost as if it is going back to them three folds without my wishing it. I just want the curses to end and am hoping that one of you may have a way to get rid of it once and for all. I don't know how I feel about binding spells as I have never done one but feel that one may be warranted in this situation. I have never wished ill or done anything bad to another and am concerned if a binding spell could be considered bad and if it will come back to me three fold. Any help or insight into this would be appreciated.

*edited to add* I forgot to mention that his ex is full of hate towards us even though she was the one who left the marriage for another. I don't know if it is because he is happy with me and that he is living a decent life without her but her hate is very strong. All I know that ever since his divorce he has been having issues maintaining employment where before he has never had issues keeping a job. I have been watching him closly to ensure that it is not him doing something wrong.... which it isn't because I overhear everything and see all of his emails (I help him with accounting and act as an executive assistant for his contracts) when he works remotely. Even his past employers sing praises about him to me. This is why I firmly believe that we are some how cursed and I know that it is coming from her because the first year after his divorce with her, she would verbly curse him financially before I stepped into the picture. After I was in the picture she would get worse. She is not allowed on our property but when we first moved to our new home, I caught her tresspassing at 2am.... I did call the police on her. I also notice that when I feverishly stepped up on the protection, her mother flew back to Columbia very, very sick...... Anyways, any insight or help would mean a lot to me......
    Last edited by SicilianRose; April 17th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Dunno if you are for sure cursed. That typically does require some investigation by someone who can meet with you and the potential curse-originators, conduct interviews, etc. Whatever the root cause of your misfortune may be, it would seem based upon your description of the situation that there is a fair amount of lingering negative energy.

Continuing to focus on it as a possible curse isn't helping you any. A large part of a curse's success works on the psychology of the intended curse victim, playing on their insecurities and making them more likely to insert themselves unconsciously into a negative self-fulfilling prophecy. This is in addition to whichever magical elements are actually present from the curse, if any at all. Many curses are strictly psychological. (Some of my most successful curses have been total psych outs.)

There are innumerable preexisting rites and rituals to break and then negate a curse. From complex multiple-day rituals, to simple cleansing baths, they share several crucial elements. The first element is the actual breaking of the curse, and purification of the people involved. The second is an element to heal any lasting damage done. The third is to protect yourself against anything in the future, or protection from an ongoing curse. The most important action through the entire de-cursification process, though, is to FULLY realize upon your performance of your chosen ritual that you are no longer cursed after that moment. Put it out of your mind and never think of it again. That you've been doing cleansing work in your house has doubtless helped, but without the other two elements you have been either mentally or magically unable to break the curse or dispel the root cause of the negativity.

The ritual I devised for when I feel like things are getting the better of me involves lighting a black candle to absorb negativity, having a purifying bath, and letting the candle burn down over a small onyx to create a magical object that will absorb all sorts of negativity thrown at me in perpetuity. I would recommend that you concoct your own ritual to negate the damaging nature of the curse, but if you can't come up with anything that you feel will work, there are a wide variety of uncrossing and curse breaking spells around to help you. Alternatively to finding a single ritual to purify, heal, and protect, you could find a ritual of each type and stitch them together yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by barfcookies View Post
    Dunno if you are for sure cursed. That typically does require some investigation by someone who can meet with you and the potential curse-originators, conduct interviews, etc. Whatever the root cause of your misfortune may be, it would seem based upon your description of the situation that there is a fair amount of lingering negative energy.

Continuing to focus on it as a possible curse isn't helping you any. A large part of a curse's success works on the psychology of the intended curse victim, playing on their insecurities and making them more likely to insert themselves unconsciously into a negative self-fulfilling prophecy. This is in addition to whichever magical elements are actually present from the curse, if any at all. Many curses are strictly psychological. (Some of my most successful curses have been total psych outs.)

There are innumerable preexisting rites and rituals to break and then negate a curse. From complex multiple-day rituals, to simple cleansing baths, they share several crucial elements. The first element is the actual breaking of the curse, and purification of the people involved. The second is an element to heal any lasting damage done. The third is to protect yourself against anything in the future, or protection from an ongoing curse. The most important action through the entire de-cursification process, though, is to FULLY realize upon your performance of your chosen ritual that you are no longer cursed after that moment. Put it out of your mind and never think of it again. That you've been doing cleansing work in your house has doubtless helped, but without the other two elements you have been either mentally or magically unable to break the curse or dispel the root cause of the negativity.

The ritual I devised for when I feel like things are getting the better of me involves lighting a black candle to absorb negativity, having a purifying bath, and letting the candle burn down over a small onyx to create a magical object that will absorb all sorts of negativity thrown at me in perpetuity. I would recommend that you concoct your own ritual to negate the damaging nature of the curse, but if you can't come up with anything that you feel will work, there are a wide variety of uncrossing and curse breaking spells around to help you. Alternatively to finding a single ritual to purify, heal, and protect, you could find a ritual of each type and stitch them together yourself.
    Thank you for responding and your suggestions.... I understand where you’re coming from with giving it validity and strength by acknowledging that it may be there. I just can't help but wonder because of the string of bad luck with his employment. I have never seen anything like it before. The whole thing is just ironic, kwim.

Cursed or not, there's no harm in putting up some defensive magics. Try a witch's bottle: Take a bottle or jar with a tight fitting lid. Fill it with bent nails and pins, broken glass etc. and biological material from the person to be protected. Biological material can include: hair, nail clippings, blood, semen and urine. The bottle can either be buried in a remote location, or boarded up in a wall. The bottle acts as a magical decoy, attracting curses to itself instead of the intended target. The sharp objects break up the hostile magic.
    Last edited by Daecon; April 17th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    Cursed or not, there's no harm in putting up some defensive magics. Try a witch's bottle: Take a bottle or jar with a tight fitting lid. Fill it with bent nails and pins, broken glass etc. and biological material from the person to be protected. Biological material can include: hair, nail clippings, blood, semen and urine. The bottle can either be buried in a remote location, or boarded up in a wall.
    Thank you Daecon for your response. I did do a witches bottle and even had my husband do one as well...... What was so ironic is that after doing them, a few weeks afterwards her mother got very sick with something that the doctors could not diagnose and then flew back to Columbia. Maybe it was coincidental, maybe it is not. It was this that lead me to believe that possibly we were cursed because of the chain of events.

In the begining we did not feel that we were cursed and kept going through all the hardships of life afterwards but after a while of not getting a break no matter what you do, dealing with major things like constant job loses, forclosure, bankruptsy, bad health, insomnia, constantly in court because the ex lies (she does get caught in these lies and the judges do yell at her but in the end it still costs us money to defend against those lies, kwim?) etc; you can't help but wonder. Especially when they are constantly throwing that word in your direction.

I do believe in evil eye and try to stay protected from that but never really had to deal with curses until I met my husband. I just never encountered someone with so much hate and jealousy like his ex. I do know that with those emotions the negativity can be powerful. So much so that they can mutate into a curse. I did look up signs of a curse and it seems like we met all of them with exception of the last one being death. That was when I discovered witches bottles and did two. In doing the bottles we are noticing that things are starting to go a little bit positive but I cannot help but wonder if there was anything else that we can do to finally be rid of it and protect us from any future ones.
    Last edited by SicilianRose; April 17th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianRose View Post
    How can a person protect themselve from future curses and how can you break one that is already in place? I firmly believe that with all the bad luck we have encountered in the last 6 years that my husband's ex or her mother has placed a curse on us. I know that her mother practices Santeria as my husband found some books in the attic in their old house. I have been feverishly placing salt around the house ever two months, brick dust and black salt at all enterances of our yard and house, and smudge the house once a month. We even did a witches bottle. We are still encountering bad luck but I have noticed that it has been subsiding since I have been doing these things frequently. I also noticed that ever since I stepped up the efforts on protecting our house and ourselves, she and her mother have been becoming ill without known causes- almost as if it is going back to them three folds without my wishing it. I just want the curses to end and am hoping that one of you may have a way to get rid of it once and for all. I don't know how I feel about binding spells as I have never done one but feel that one may be warranted in this situation. I have never wished ill or done anything bad to another and am concerned if a binding spell could be considered bad and if it will come back to me three fold. Any help or insight into this would be appreciated.

*edited to add* I forgot to mention that his ex is full of hate towards us even though she was the one who left the marriage for another. I don't know if it is because he is happy with me and that he is living a decent life without her but her hate is very strong. All I know that ever since his divorce he has been having issues maintaining employment where before he has never had issues keeping a job. I have been watching him closly to ensure that it is not him doing something wrong.... which it isn't because I overhear everything and see all of his emails (I help him with accounting and act as an executive assistant for his contracts) when he works remotely. Even his past employers sing praises about him to me. This is why I firmly believe that we are some how cursed and I know that it is coming from her because the first year after his divorce with her, she would verbly curse him financially before I stepped into the picture. After I was in the picture she would get worse. She is not allowed on our property but when we first moved to our new home, I caught her tresspassing at 2am.... I did call the police on her. I also notice that when I feverishly stepped up on the protection, her mother flew back to Columbia very, very sick...... Anyways, any insight or help would mean a lot to me......
    Sounds like you know most of the methods for protection. I would recommend a witches bottle to remove the curse but see you did one -- but then again, what was the recipe you used? I notice modern style witches bottles don't focus as much on curse removal as old ones, and seem more about protection. There's a recipe for an old-style witch bottle here: http://spellcasters-source.blogspot....for-curse.html

Other than that, 13 herb baths or washes are all I'd recommend for you that I didn't see you mention. (You can use the same herbs for a bath as for a floor wash in the house.)
    The Famous Mother Bombie's Book of Witchcraft and Cunning Magick for Fortune Telling, Herb Magick, Divination, Charms, Potions and Old-Time Spellcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Godgifu View Post
    Sounds like you know most of the methods for protection. I would recommend a witches bottle to remove the curse but see you did one -- but then again, what was the recipe you used? I notice modern style witches bottles don't focus as much on curse removal as old ones, and seem more about protection. There's a recipe for an old-style witch bottle here: http://spellcasters-source.blogspot....for-curse.html

Other than that, 13 herb baths or washes are all I'd recommend for you that I didn't see you mention. (You can use the same herbs for a bath as for a floor wash in the house.)
    Godgifu, Thank you for the link. The Witches bottle that I did was different from the one in the link you provided. I will also do the 13 herb bath. Again, Thank you.

I want to say thank you to everyone for all of the advise and help in getting rid of this "issue" and keeping all future ill will wished upon us at bay. I sincerly appreciate it. My husband and I only want a peaceful, happy, drama free life but sadly they have been doing everything in their power to prevent that. I will keep everyone posted as to how things work out after I am done. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.