Thread: Intresting Article - Council tells schools to teach paganism......

is offline Learning from Lifes Constant Lessons....

Intresting Article - Council tells schools to teach paganism......

found this article in the Catholic Herald titled "Council tells schools to teach paganism". I thought I would share it with everyone here. Please let me know if you are having issues reading it.... In the meantime, I will be typing out the article in MSword so that it is easier to read.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.PNG 
Views:	19 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	113058

Above is the attached article and below is it transcribed.

Council tells schools to teach paganism
    By Madeleine Teahan
    Paganism should be taught in schools alongside Christianity, Islam and Judaism as part of the RE syllabus.
    Cornwall Council has told its schools that pagan beliefs, which include witchcraft, druidism and the worship of ancient gods, can be taught as well as the world’s three main religions. The new syllabus, outlined by Cornwall’s RE advisory group, states that from the age of five children should begin learning about Stonehenge, which has become a shrine for some druids, from the age of 11, pupils should explore modern paganism and its importance for Cornwall and many of its residents.
    The council has stressed that the teaching of Christianity still comprises two thirds of the RE curriculum. According to the 2001 national census there are about 40,000 pagans in England and Wales.
    The agreed syllabus explicitly states that at Key Stage 3, children should learn about “the development of modern paganism and its importance for many in Cornwall”, “the importance of pre-Christian sites for modern pagans” and “How modern paganism is diverse and how this diversity is expressed in Cornwall”.
    Last edited by SicilianRose; April 22nd, 2012 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added transcribed article so it is easier for others to read....

is offline Proud member of the Witches of TOSwick
    Not the same article, but informative: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-syllabus.html

is offline Learning from Lifes Constant Lessons....
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDamiana View Post
    Not the same article, but informative: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-syllabus.html
    Thank you for posting it.

Fantastic!
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10