Thread: How I stumbled into the divine while meditating

How I stumbled into the divine while meditating

Earlier this year I started to try meditating. At first I was not very good at it, but with practice I was able to focus better. I discovered a particular technique- that I could meditate better if I focused on the beauty of the darkness and silence. As I practiced that self-taught method and became better at it, I started getting visions. At first they were very brief, but as I cultivated that method, I crossed over into some divine realm, where I was given relatively long visions, like having dreams while awake. The divinity on the other side told me that when a person focuses on the beauty of darkness and quietness, they are tapping into his essence.

near Tacoma, WA
    Sounds like a great experience
    Library, Guide, & New Registrant Manager | GEBS' Monster
    The Site Rules - MW FAQ - The MysticWicks Library

_ _
    If your lost I'll be there shining my light, cause every touch lifts me up to the stars - Avicii

The darkness makes visions clearer. I notice for me that it's better when meditating at night in bed before I go to sleep during a calm relaxed state. The light of daytime can be interfering as you can see the colours and noises. Yet some people may be scared of the dark and imagine ghosts, that interferes with proper relaxing.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.