Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are you capable of smiling convincingly when you're unhappy?

Supposedly, I always appear sullen, regardless of what I'm really feeling. People are so judgmental, sometimes it just hurts to be in a world like this. No, no one ever knows what I'm feeling...I always looked pissed off

is offline Learning from Lifes Constant Lessons....
    What you see is what you get with me. I have a difficult hiding how I feel. You will literally see it in my face.

I do it every single day. I work in customer service, and trust me if you're not smiling at people they WILL complain about it to the highest manager they can reach and you WILL get pulled into an office. And while I'm good at it, I'm also good at silencing stupid people with a single glare.
    Mental retardation strikes every 30 seconds. - D. Duane Tony

Thank you instinct for Merlin.

I used to be pretty good at it from working in the tourist industry for so long. Even on the worst day of your life- if you are working you are supposed to be happy and cheerful.

And even in my private life I used to be able to convince everyone that things were okay. These days though if I'm home I let my emotions go. Thank the gods that I have very little reason to be unhappy in my life though. The only time I don't laugh or smile with my Mate is when my hormones go running a muck. And even then it is a short lived event.
    What We have fought and bled for will never be lost to us.

Four years working at Mchell taught me to smile even when I feel angry.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

You know the phrase, "Laughing on the outside while crying on the inside?" That's me when I'm upset and don't want people to know.

I hide all my feelings when out. At home if i'm miserable..everybody knows it!
    May there be a miracle in your life today & may you have the eyes to see it.

I usualy don't show any emotion at all. I give a very good "blank" face. I find it's easier to be neutral than fake an emotion I rarely feel.

Hammerfest, Northern Norway, (71 degree north)
    I have to do that every day. On my way to work. None would like to meet a unhappy ( because of burn out syndrome) and uninspiring music-teacher. To smile happily and then to concentrate on my students and THEIR happiness through the music they play, makes me happier than I was when the lessons started.
    Therefore it is important for me not to bottle my emotions, but to set them aside. The voluntary smile will turn into a deeply felt one during the working-hours.
    Panta rhei

En erebos phos

is offline SEXY conservative asshole with a heart
    I really see little reason to hide my emotions. I may downplay them a bit as a full on show may not be in my best interest...but I don't hide them. Working retail I often try to be honest about my emotions but do so in a positive manor. Such as when a customer asks how I'm doing, sometimes I'll reply "meh, I'm here", but will follow that up with, "I do try to tell myself though that any day I wake up is a good day". It doesn't hide that I'm not in the best of moods, but does show that I try to keep a positive attitude none the less.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast