Thread: Beltane

Beltane

Happy and blessed Beltane to all who celebrate it today!

Anyone have plans? I'm just going to do my small ritual with candles and prayers tonight after the guys crash and hope it warms up outside, we've had cold nights and cooler days the last couple of days!
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy Beltane to everyone.

Happy Beltane! I just did a little ritual by myself...well with my cats. They kept watch just outside the circle. http://t.co/G418Hqg0
    ~*~ )o( Blessings in Shadow & Light! )o( ~*~

~ Semper Fi ~

is offline Learning from Lifes Constant Lessons....
    Happy Beltane!

Happy Beltane! (i know its late) Though I am kinda sad, didnt get to really celebrate it though due to working on Finals for college.. Made a little red and white ribbon pin though. Is it too late to celebrate more tomorrow?

Nope not too late in my opinion, Naerianu!
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy May Day. And today, apparently, is Nat'l Pagan Coming Out Day, so happy that too.

Mr. Man and I celebrated with a ritual and a little "feast" afterwards of dinner-breakfast foods. We couldn't have a bonfire like we wanted to, but we did have a big ass candle that we carved symbols into. And that was nice.

Hope y'alls was lovely.
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

Not too late. If you want to be really Old School, the full moon is Saturday, which is when the Ancients observed Beltane. Further, the May Devotionals go on all month, and the Queen of the May crowning ritual traditionally falls on the first Sunday of May, though in the States they often wait until Mother's Day. But, considering the old ways of observing...

It just so happens that it's going to be an unusually bright full moon, Saturday night, the brightest and closest of 2012, what they call a supermoon. Here's NASA explaining what's coming up...

http://youtu.be/kOplwuMTyS4

So, that would seem the perfect time to celebrate Beltane.

I also just finished my Bealtaine ritual.
    zionmystic.livejournal.com
    About my username: It's after a little wooded area i hang out in, near a church called Zion. Later i found out the word "Zionwood" may have political implications, but that wasn't my intent at all when i picked it.