Thread: Any other pagan UU's here?

Any other pagan UU's here?

I'm a Pagan, but I also sometimes go to a UU (Unitarian Universalist)church and I occasionally meet other pagans there too. Anybody else here identify as both?

I'm a Naturalistic Pantheist who is hoping to check out a UU church when I move to my new location soonish! I like the openness concept and hope to find a group to, if not share my beliefs, then to celebrate the world and life with.
    “Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
    Carl Sagan

“My view is that if there is no evidence for it, then forget about it. An agnostic is somebody who doesn’t believe in something until there is evidence for it, so I’m agnostic.”
    Carl Sagan

I'm a practising Wiccan but I've been thinking about checking out the nearby UU church for some community things, and to see if there's any UU Pagans there. I also like their art festivals; they hold one every May and December.

I've been going to one for about 6 months, and finally joined a week or two ago. I have been very open about being Kemetic, and have joked that I bring the average number of gods-per-person into the 500-1000 range.

The minister told me "I am so glad that you feel like you can practice your faith with us!" She's suggested several times that I would be welcome to do a sermon, so in July I'll probably be doing on on Living in Ma'at from the UU perspective.

If you are OK with the UU principles, I think you will be welcome at a UU congregation. http://www.uua.org/beliefs/principles/
    Kemetic Reconnaissance Blog
    Shrine Beautiful Blog Inspiring, enchanting sacred spaces- altars & shrines from many Pagan paths

I've been going to one for about 6 months, and finally joined a week or two ago. I have been very open about being Kemetic, and have joked that I bring the average number of gods-per-person into the 500-1000 range.

The minister told me "I am so glad that you feel like you can practice your faith with us!" She's suggested several times that I would be welcome to do a sermon, so in July I'll probably be doing on on Living in Ma'at from the UU perspective.

If you are OK with the UU principles, I think you will be welcome at a UU congregation. http://www.uua.org/beliefs/principles/
    Kemetic Reconnaissance Blog
    Shrine Beautiful Blog Inspiring, enchanting sacred spaces- altars & shrines from many Pagan paths