Thread: Resteraunt

Resteraunt

What have been some awesome dishes you've eaten while out at a resteraunt (or cafe, bistro, etc)?

I had an absolutely amazing braised lamb shank a few months ago - it was awesome, served with sweet potato mash and lightly steamed asparagus; with a really rich demi-based gravy over the top.

is offline having an 'out of money' experience.
    Down in Anchorage, AK there is a little family ran Mexican place that I grew up going to. Their salsa is the best ever and when I go down to Anchorage I have to buy a bunch of it to bring home and freeze. Can't find good Mexican in Fairbanks, AK. Also in Anchorage, Brewhouse does an amazing stake with asparagus and mashed potatoes but it costs a pretty penny.

Still trying to find some better than average food in Fairbanks- I know the hilltop rest station has good food but it's been years since I have been there.

In Arizona I fell in l
    Well Shit. I didn't do it!

Too many fabulous meals to list here but a few memorable ones:

Braised rabbit with polenta and wild mushrooms in Pisa, Italy

Marinated white anchovy salad in Rome, Italy

Tapas in Barcelona - Bacalao (salted codfish), Boquerones en vinagre (anchovies in vinegar), pulpo (grilled octopus), patatas bravas (fried potatoes with a spicy sauce). Okay pretty much everything I ate in Spain was to die for.

Blood sausage with stewed red cabbage and mustardy potatoes in Salzburg Austria.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Like a few years ago, I had this amazing pumpkin ravioli dish at Cafe Lou Lou, this local pasta place. One of the best things I've had in a restaurant ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillian View Post
    Like a few years ago, I had this amazing pumpkin ravioli dish at Cafe Lou Lou, this local pasta place. One of the best things I've had in a restaurant ever.
    I haven't had pumpkin ravioli in a long time, but now I want some; it really is delicious.

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    The Green Edge cafe in Brisbane;
    Mushroom Cheese Burger: Field mushrooms topped with melted vegan cheese, lettuce, tomato, chilli aioli and mango chutney.

I cannot tell you enough how well those flavors work together! I cannot wait to go back and try their two other burgers (one veggie and one smoked breaded tofu), and some of their milkshakes and sundaes!

Honestly one of the yummiest cafe foods I have ever had.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

We recently went to a German restaurant for dinner; their schnitzel was to die for. Thankfully it's close to home so we'll definitely be going back.

R.I.P. MiLo
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10