Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Tarot Newbie Questions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7

    Tarot Newbie Questions

    Hello all


    Quick questions as a tarot newbie :


    When I make a reading, I have noted that the first one is always the accurated one while if you repeat the reading, other stuff may come up but refer to different aspects or not be so clear as the first one.


    I have been practising and normally the first reading made kinda answers it all with precision and accuracy. But I get tempted to make the same questions and draw the cards again to see what comes out repeated. It has caught my attention that the second time some other things may show up that cover a different aspect ( for example, I was asking about work and personal issues arise and viceversa ).


    So I was kinda wondering if you should not draw the cards more than once with a specific question on mind and you should preferably trust the first reading.


    Also : if the reading you asked is about a specific matter and you get responses to other matters but the one you asked about, what would that mean ? that the question was not conveyed properly or that other dominant energies are working and are more important to be known ?


    Last question : how often do you read the cards ? I was thinking that doing it more than once weekly is far too often... probably once a month, to set like a barometer for the starting month is ok ?


    Thank you for your answers !


    BB
    Firefly.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    West Coast Canada
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly Dancer View Post
    So I was kinda wondering if you should not draw the cards more than once with a specific question on mind and you should preferably trust the first reading.
    1) I make myself wait two weeks between readings on the same question so that there's been enough time elapsed that something my have changed changed in the situation. Otherwise you're likely to get the same answers as before or nonsense answers, both of which are frustrating and discouraging.

    2) While I will only do one spread on a given question you CAN add-to that spread. Like if you do a Past, Present Future three card spread but need more information You could draw "clarifying" cards for each position. I liek to draw two for each position myself "above" being known/conscious influences and "below" being unknown/subconscious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly Dancer View Post
    Also : if the reading you asked is about a specific matter and you get responses to other matters but the one you asked about, what would that mean ?
    Probably that you had the other situation on your mind when you did the spread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly Dancer View Post
    Last question : how often do you read the cards ?
    For a single question? See above. In general? it's very much and "as needed" thing with me.
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Age
    40
    Posts
    628
    Clear your mind before you do a spread.

    You don't need to do multiple readings for the same question so close together. If you need clarification on the reading, that's a good time to put another card down on top of the card in question. Look at how they relate to another. Another method is going to the next card in the sequence for further clarification.

    Deal with the answers given. Don't just go tossing cards over and over again. You will only end up confused, and the cards have their way of saying go screw yourself. When you toss over and over again on the same question it's as if you are looking for the answer you want rather than the one you need.

    Good luck!

    --Kaos
    “Nothing alive is the same from moment to moment. To live is to face the unknown over and over again.“

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,662
    If I want clarification I'll pull another card but I don't ask the same question more than once in one reading. You have to give it time for things to pan out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks for your answers !! very helpful. I will continue practising.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Adelaide, Sth Australia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    125
    I use my cards a few times each day, and although many people say you shouldn't use them for trivial questions, I do. (Last night I asked whether I should have pizza or Subway for dinner. Wheel of Fortune said pizza lol.) I guess some people see their cards as a special tool that should only be used in special circumstances, but I see my card as a really good friend who I can chill with.

    I also tend to ask the same question over and over, against my better judgement, but after the first spread which makes sense, the second and third tend to just be nonsense or very sarcastic. Which I see as kinda like asking a friend for advice, then asking the same question again and again. You'd expect your friend to get frustrated.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South
    Age
    32
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by kaosxmage View Post
    Clear your mind before you do a spread.

    You don't need to do multiple readings for the same question so close together. If you need clarification on the reading, that's a good time to put another card down on top of the card in question. Look at how they relate to another. Another method is going to the next card in the sequence for further clarification.

    Deal with the answers given. Don't just go tossing cards over and over again. You will only end up confused, and the cards have their way of saying go screw yourself. When you toss over and over again on the same question it's as if you are looking for the answer you want rather than the one you need.

    Good luck!

    --Kaos
    Yep I have been guilty of this! Or even asking how can that be? no way! and then tossing some cards to "clarify"/fix it so it gives me what I either want or expect. This is why I think it helps to clear your mind completely of your conscious/subconscious desires, expectations, etc. Meditate beforehand, or if you're already practiced, sit quietly and let your mind clear itself, turn on your witchy stuff (candles, incense) and relax.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •